Slow down: Suikoden III & Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Yes.

Use a program like HWMonitor or CoreTemp to monitor temps.
Use a program like IntelBurnTest or Prime95 to stress test your processor.

I prefer IBT, because it shows instability a lot quicker.

Sponsored links

yep, and use both while overclocking 50-100MHz at a time until you hit an uncomfortable temp or it becomes unstable (65°C is as high as I'd go in a desktop, but that's just me+^_^+) and, as always, research into Overclocking before doing anything+^_^+ don't want to fry your system!!
Signature purposefully left blank.
Cool, thanks guys. I shall check it out later when I get home and do some research about overclocking. You guys been a big help, thanks again. Smile
AMD Phenom II 960T X4 @ 3.0 GHz, 4GB G.Skill DDR2 RAM, Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HD 7200 RPM Sata III, Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 1024MB VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit), ASUS VE248 1920 x 1080
65°C Is too hot for an AMD, thats past the max TDP. 62 is the max temps for Phenom II. Overclock it until your steadying out about 50-55max for 24/7 use. 1.5 is max safe vcore on air, but that's not "safe" with stock cooler, I wouldn't go over 1.45v. Mine is running 4GHz with 1.37v.
Dragon Quarter run quite smooth with just 3.2GHz, no need to go too high especially if you're new to OC'ing, which mean chance are you're using stock cooler now.

Again, that game is one of that doesn't run well with MTVU, just remember to turn it off.
(03-16-2012, 11:35 PM)Asmodean Wrote: 65°C Is too hot for an AMD, thats past the max TDP. 62 is the max temps for Phenom II. Overclock it until your steadying out about 50-55max for 24/7 use. 1.5 is max safe vcore on air, but that's not "safe" with stock cooler, I wouldn't go over 1.45v. Mine is running 4GHz with 1.37v.
I've never played with AMD so i didn't know, I'll keep that in mind+^_^+

Signature purposefully left blank.
Sorry to say, but 65 Degrees Celcius isn't too hot for AMD Smile I got a buddy with a AMD Bulldozer that runs on 4.2 and temps are 66 degrees and it runs very stable and no problems (No he isn't using Watercooling)