Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHZ 8CPUS
8192MB RAM (2x 4gb)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 (overclocked)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

GS:

[Image: 2rflt]

[Image: 2rfnP]

Game in question: Ar Tonelico - Melody of Elemia [PAL]
At first it started slowing down at the first intro, I fixed that by changing some settings, mainly preset number 3, GSDX to Direct3D11 and Native resolution. Now it runs flawlessly until the second intro(the one after you hit start game) where the audio has a faint crackle after the first meteor enters the screen, it then proceeds to slow down and skip after the last meteor hits the tower. I tried changing to GSDX to software and changing preset to 4, but it changed nothing.

Can anyone help with this?

Sponsored links

(03-31-2013, 05:16 PM)Serloks Wrote: Specs:
Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHZ 8CPUS
8192MB RAM (2x 4gb)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 (overclocked)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

GS:

[Image: 2rflt]

[Image: 2rfnP]

Game in question: Ar Tonelico - Melody of Elemia [PAL]
At first it started slowing down at the first intro, I fixed that by changing some settings, mainly preset number 3, GSDX to Direct3D11 and Native resolution. Now it runs flawlessly until the second intro(the one after you hit start game) where the audio has a faint crackle after the first meteor enters the screen, it then proceeds to slow down and skip after the last meteor hits the tower. I tried changing to GSDX to software and changing preset to 4, but it changed nothing.

Can anyone help with this?

Hi serloks,don't use presets.use speedhacks set ee cyclerate to 2 & vu cyclesteal to 2.in ee cycle tab tick first two & in vu cycle tab also tick both.enable automatic game fixes.select direct 3D9 hardware.also try to update directx by web updater.if it still not fixing u'r problem.press esc while game running & save log file right to u'r pcsx2 & upload here!!!
(03-31-2013, 06:46 PM)Preet Wrote: Hi serloks,don't use presets.use speedhacks set ee cyclerate to 2 & vu cyclesteal to 2.in ee cycle tab tick first two & in vu cycle tab also tick both.enable automatic game fixes.select direct 3D9 hardware.also try to update directx by web updater.if it still not fixing u'r problem.press esc while game running & save log file right to u'r pcsx2 & upload here!!!

Hey, no, not with that CPU and video card, maybe he should start from removing all speedhacks and "if needed" reaply at small steps.

@OP
Another thing, that video card will perform better with 3x or even 4x than native, seriously.

Now comes the part I can't really help more, all that depend on the game and I don't have that one (never found it to buy around here) and then can't say what specifically it needs or what can help more in this particular case.

For almost every other game out there with few exceptions you should not need speedhacks at all.

PS:start from setting that "preset" all the way to the left, and if having troubles with the game, the first thing to try is putting Windows in a "Performance" power plan, although that is more common in the aggressive power savings in laptops it may be a problem in desktops also.

Then, if still having problems try MTVU, if still needing some push try EE cyclerate one step to right, don't go beyond this, If still needing something start moving VU cycle stealing one step at a time and verifying.

If still not enough, then the game is a problem in itself that is not only performance and then I can't help beyond this point.
Imagination is where we are truly real
or you can run in software mode with 5 threads on GSdx too if you like. that'll keep full speed
(04-01-2013, 04:52 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Hey, no, not with that CPU and video card, maybe he should start from removing all speedhacks and "if needed" reaply at small steps.

@OP
Another thing, that video card will perform better with 3x or even 4x than native, seriously.

Now comes the part I can't really help more, all that depend on the game and I don't have that one (never found it to buy around here) and then can't say what specifically it needs or what can help more in this particular case.

For almost every other game out there with few exceptions you should not need speedhacks at all.

PS:start from setting that "preset" all the way to the left, and if having troubles with the game, the first thing to try is putting Windows in a "Performance" power plan, although that is more common in the aggressive power savings in laptops it may be a problem in desktops also.

Then, if still having problems try MTVU, if still needing some push try EE cyclerate one step to right, don't go beyond this, If still needing something start moving VU cycle stealing one step at a time and verifying.

If still not enough, then the game is a problem in itself that is not only performance and then I can't help beyond this point.

He have a very powerfull cpu & graphic card also not bad (overclocked).he should play this game in software mode.never heard of this game.he can play this game in ps2.many more great games he can play on pcsx2 e.g.God Of War Series,Tekken series,Devil may cry series etc.anyway u know better than me.thanks 4 the info Laugh
(04-01-2013, 01:21 PM)Preet Wrote: He have a very powerfull cpu & graphic card also not bad (overclocked).he should play this game in software mode.never heard of this game.he can play this game in ps2.many more great games he can play on pcsx2 e.g.God Of War Series,Tekken series,Devil may cry series etc.anyway u know better than me.thanks 4 the info Laugh

That's OK, some games will not run well in hardware mode even with the best card out there, it's just that emulation part is (still) broken for the specific game. Saiki post tells me that one is one these games.

At some point the compatibility list will be almost complete, PCSX2 is on that phase where accuracy is the main focus, having preference over performance even, what does not mean than anything to enhance performance is not highly sought, provided it does not harm accuracy and that compatibility list, of course.
(04-01-2013, 07:47 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: That's OK, some games will not run well in hardware mode even with the best card out there, it's just that emulation part is (still) broken for the specific game. Saiki post tells me that one is one these games.

At some point the compatibility list will be almost complete, PCSX2 is on that phase where accuracy is the main focus, having preference over performance even, what does not mean than anything to enhance performance is not highly sought, provided it does not harm accuracy and that compatibility list, of course.

yeah some games still need some work.anyways he can try in software mode.Thanks for your help & support Smile
(04-01-2013, 07:47 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Saiki post tells me that one is one these games.

Hate to break it to ya, complete guess
(04-01-2013, 11:15 PM)Saiki Wrote: Hate to break it to ya, complete guess

That's OK, sounded sound Smile