Slow fps in game
Hi. I was trying Persona4 on PCSX2 0.9.6
I had normal fps during intro and movies, but the fps slows in game, and it is set around 50%. My pc and pcsx2 configuration
PC:
AMD Athlon II X2 processor P320 (2.1 Ghz
Ati mobility Radeon HD 5470
Ram 4 Gb

PCSX2 config:
GSdx 890 (MSCV 15, SSE 2), Direct3D10 Hardware
SPU2-X 1.1.0, Linear interpolation, Output Xaudio2
SpeedHacks "use x2 Cycle Rate" and enabled INTC Sync Hack, IOP x2 Cycle Rate and waitCycles Sync Hack.

Sponsored links

1st use pcsx2 0.9.7 beta and install the august plugins pack
2nd i dont think that you can make it with that cpu almost whatever you do...
at least be sure you keep native ps2 res and try every option you can find in the 0.9.7
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Thanks. I'm running pcsx2 on my laptop, but I guess there's no way I can run it on my pc (intel core 2 Duo 2.6 Ghx, 2 Gb RAM and Nvidia 8400 GS). I'm wondering what the minium requirements for PCSX 2 are...
look better in the general discussion for the requirements.
actually your desktop is better except that gpu... update your gpu drivers there and try the version i said there (be sure to use only native ps2 res)
and that way something you cant play in the one maybe you can in the other...
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
frame skipping set to skipp and draw 10
The thing to remember is PCSX2 is much more CPU limited than traditional PC games which are usually GPU limited. The 2.6ghz dual core of your desktop will be about 20-30% faster in PCSX2 than your 2.1ghz laptop.

Your desktop may be a little too slow as well... but it will be noticably better for PCSX2.
[Image: 2748844.png]
My laptop is also not that "fast" so after installing the 0.9.7 ver and the august plugin (as mentioned by iakoboss7).

do the following: (currently using in Wild arms 3)
1. GS plugin configuration - activate (check) - Native or use original PS2 configuration
2. Emulation setting configuration
a. i recommend you to use some speed hacks (enabled all and set to max)
b. Ive also set clamping to NONE.
c. Frame skipping is set to CONSTANT SKIPPING @ 100 Frame draws and 10 frames to skip.

3. Set computer to High Performance (COmputer>Settings>Power Options)

do adjust frame skips and speed hacks when another problem arises (skippy audio, etc.). This usually fixes my slow fps in gameplays. But this may break movies/FMV. Try using this both on laptop and desktop and see which is better for you.
Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 ghz
Nvidia Geforce G102M VRAM 512MB
2GB RAM
Windows 7 32 bit