Slow gameplay
So I started to use the emulator on a game i played as a kid, (spongebob squarepants the movie) and when I entered the first stage, 
it was kinda laggy, I went to youtube to see if i can fix this problem, but it only made things worst, can someone help show 
me the best configurations for my emulator to run this game fast?

Sponsored links

LOL! You need to give us your PC specs! We need to know your CPU, GPU, RAM. What OS are you running?

What graphics renderer are you using? What are your graphic settings? What other non-default settings are you using in the emulator?
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
Step 1: Never follow ***** YouTube videos with settings all over the place, unless it's from a known person on the Forums here.
Step 2: Post your system specs, PCSX2 version, and settings that you are using as previously mentioned.
Step 3: Profit! (Maybe).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Settings allover the place omg [Image: 13xjuhd.gif]
[Image: pA5WVUy.gif]
(05-22-2017, 05:27 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: LOL!  You need to give us your PC specs!  We need to know your CPU, GPU, RAM.  What OS are you running?

What graphics renderer are you using?  What are your graphic settings?  What other non-default settings are you using in the emulator?

Really sorry for responding late!

Anyways I think this is the info you need..

on the emulator, im am using 1.4.0 and using default settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A 2.16GHz Celeron Bay trail is just not powerful enough to get good consistent speed out of PCSX2. The 2 cores is not the issue but the fact that it's single core performance is roughly 1/4 of what is needed to run most games at full speed is. Unfortunately this processor is generally in notebooks and other applications that you can not replace the CPU in so there is really very little you can do to drastically increase your performance.

The only 2 things you can currently do is replace the computer with one with a better CPU, or just continue to play games on your PS2 system.
(05-26-2017, 04:47 AM)TkSilver Wrote: A 2.16GHz Celeron Bay trail is just not powerful enough to get good consistent speed out of PCSX2.  The 2 cores is not the issue but the fact that it's single core performance is roughly 1/4 of what is needed to run most games at full speed is.  Unfortunately this processor is generally in notebooks and other applications that you can not replace the CPU in so there is really very little you can do to drastically increase your performance.

The only 2 things you can currently do is replace the computer with one with a better CPU, or just continue to play games on your PS2 system.

Ok, thank for the help.