Slow gameplay
Games are running really slow on pcsx2. i am using the version pcsx2 0.9.6 . Can someone please help me fix this problem.

my PC configuration are:
Intel Dual core 2.20Ghz
4 GB Ram
nvidia geforce 9600 gt 1gb graphic card

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-con...ow-end-PCs
also get the new 0.9.8 stable release here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Program
You should mention the names of the games.

Your CPU is fairly slow, so you should be using Speedhacks for most games.

Nice GPU, though. You definitely don't need to set the internal res as low as in Saiki's thread. Smile
(08-03-2011, 02:55 AM)Rezard Wrote: Nice GPU, though. You definitely don't need to set the internal res as low as in Saiki's thread. Smile

actually, yes he/she does.

the reason for so low of a resolution is because the CPU fails at sending the GPU instructions fast enough. my 8600 could to 1600x1200 on PC games if the CPU could keep up with the data, but because of the lack of processing power it has to be scaled back. (and this directly ties in to emulation, other emulators do the same thing, including ePSXe)
(08-03-2011, 02:55 AM)Rezard Wrote: You should mention the names of the games.

Your CPU is fairly slow, so you should be using Speedhacks for most games.

Nice GPU, though. You definitely don't need to set the internal res as low as in Saiki's thread. Smile

I want to play God of War and Black, both these game are only available on PS2 and Xbox. both these games are old games
My pc supports all the latest pc games so far.....here is a list of pc games which are currently installed and run fine on my computer.
GTA IV
Resident Evil 5
Fifa 11
Batman arkam asylum
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam
Prototype
Fallout: New Vegas
Crisis 2
Mass Effect 2
Bio shock
Assasins Creed II

I know my CPU is slow but can i play these games without upgrading my pc?
(08-03-2011, 04:30 AM)Saiki Wrote: actually, yes he/she does.

the reason for so low of a resolution is because the CPU fails at sending the GPU instructions fast enough. my 8600 could to 1600x1200 on PC games if the CPU could keep up with the data, but because of the lack of processing power it has to be scaled back. (and this directly ties in to emulation, other emulators do the same thing, including ePSXe)

Is there any way that i could play God of War on Pcsx2 without upgrading my PC?
Don't get it wrong in the first place - it's irrelevant how demanding PC games you can run, almost as irrelevant as how old the PS2 game is (PS2's performance hasn't changed since it's first release). Have on your mind that most of the PC's power goes to emulation process itself, not the game.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3.7 GHz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB DDR5 @ 800/1000 MHz
RAM 2x2 GB DDR 3 Dual channel
(08-03-2011, 02:02 PM)farmuz Wrote: Is there any way that i could play God of War on Pcsx2 without upgrading my PC?

follow my settings on my thread and it will run fine (not always 60, but 45+ usually)

and humor me, what resolution you play those PC games at?