Slow graphics rendering
Computer Info - Windows XP SP3
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1075T Processor, MMX, 3DNow(6CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Memory: 3326MB RAM DDR3
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Using PCSX2 v. 1.0.0
GS: GSdx 5334 (MSVC 16.00, SSE2) 0.1.16[gsdx32-sse2-r5350]

So far the games i've tried to play are FFX and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. Don't want to continue trying new games until I get the following issues fixed...

Started out playing FFX with all base options(so, options from initial instillation of PCSX2). Initial problem: Graphics and sound seemed slightly glitchy/laggy, meaning the character would hang for a second, then move. Sound played normal, but would clamp for a second, then continue(problems occurred simultaneously)

Did some research through the forums, found the emulator optimization video/thread. Followed guide, problem persisted. Decided to determine if it was a graphics specific issue. Turned sound to Synchronizing Mode: None. Sound played perfectly, no hangs. Graphics continued to be an issue.

Current GSdx9 settings: Direct3D9(Hardware)
D3D Internal Resolution: 3x Native (problem persists in 2x and Native)
Hardware Mode Settings: Texture Filtering - Shaded
Logarithmic Z - Checked
Alpha Correction FBA - Checked

Emulation Settings:
EE/IOP - All Default
VUs - All Default
GS - All Default
GS Window - Default
Speedhacks - Currently Disabled (Have tried enabled with various settings and also presets 1, 2, and 3)
Game Fixes - Automatic.

In game information:
FPS - Unstable. Cycles between 30ish to 60.
EE - 100%
GS- 10-39%
UI - 0-1%

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

EE 100% means that the game is being slowed down by your PC... something I wouldn't think would happen in either of those two games.

The problem you're stating sounds more like you're playing from a real DVD drive... if that IS what you're doing, I suggest dumping the game to ISO file (look for a program called imgburn, it's free).

If that doesn't fix it, by all means post a copy of your emulog.txt. Also, any particular reason you're using DX9 instead of 11?
[Image: 2748844.png]
(06-18-2013, 03:07 AM)Koji Wrote: EE 100% means that the game is being slowed down by your PC... something I wouldn't think would happen in either of those two games.

The problem you're stating sounds more like you're playing from a real DVD drive... if that IS what you're doing, I suggest dumping the game to ISO file (look for a program called imgburn, it's free).

If that doesn't fix it, by all means post a copy of your emulog.txt. Also, any particular reason you're using DX9 instead of 11?

Doesn't give the option for DX11. I believe windows XP SP 3 only allows DX9. Could be wrong, haven't really looked into it. Also, both FFX and SO are ISO files.
So, played around with settings some more, and it looks like setting EE Cyclerate to 2, and VU Cycle Stealing to 2 brings EE down to ~77% max in game(no action though, going to have to test some more). Which locks in FPS between 57-60. May be fixed...but depends on how it plays in action scenes.
Yes, DX9 is as high as you can go with windows XP, with those specs I was expecting a Win Vista computer at least. You should give serious thought to upgrading to Win 7 or 8 since DX11 will give a very substantial increase in performance for quite a few games. Not to mention that many games have graphic errors that can only be fixed in DX10 or 11.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I've given some thought to it, but I need to upgrade my HDD before I try to make that switch. Oldest part of my pc, and it's only 150gb...lol.
Then perhaps stat with a solid state drive? They are FAST.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti