Slow motion during battle [Tales of the Abyss]
anyone know the best settings for me?
here is my pc specs :
Win8.1 single language x64
intel core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz
8.00gb DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M

Sponsored links

Your cpu is quite weak. Have you tested speedhacks?
yes i have it enabled
which? all?

What are your EE% and GS% readings in the titlebar in windowed mode during lags?
hmmm around EE% = 30-40 and GS% = 11-20 something
[Image: ui0LzmV.png]
Take the two sliders toward the center, that should help. The CPU is in fact a factor in there.
Imagination is where we are truly real
your cpu has only two cores but can handle four threads.. you should check if mtvu is really a speedhack for you.

(Btw. center of VU would be hard to find. Try to increase those sliders one by one. EE is often the preferred speedhack.
(04-27-2014, 05:15 PM)willkuer Wrote: your cpu has only two cores but can handle four threads.. you should check if mtvu is really a speedhack for you.

(Btw. center of VU would be hard to find. Try to increase those sliders one by one. EE is often the preferred speedhack.

The information isn't incorrect. Still better thinking there is not a set rule about which speedhack would help more in certain situation.

EE works reducing the virtual "physical EE clock" (the PS2 processor) meaning PCSX2 would be emulating an underclocked PS2. Some games are very sensible to it and might desync the sound badly among other less perceivable timing issues.
Edit: examples of it possibly going wrong are Xenosaga and Valkirie Profile.

On the other hand VU hack works forcing EE to send data out the normal time (mostly graphical vectors) by mean of interrupting EE from it's normal processing to do it and then earning the name "stealing" cycles. Since in some graphical heavy games the VUs are busier than EE by fair amount, this hack works fine. Abusing it might lead to FPS increase but since EE becomes too much interrupted it might make the game flux (the movement pace or action pace) to be slower creating the known lag effect despite the FPS becoming the expected.
Edit: Grandia games seem specially sensible to VU cycle stealing (which points EE is heavily tasked on it).

Using the two simultaneously could still be OK in most games at the center point and very few games would do well with any of them at max.

Resuming, the best would be not using speedhacks at all but since we don't live in an ideal world, the choice should be on those giving less troubles.
Imagination is where we are truly real
alright. i'll give it a shot then. how about the GS setting? any suggestions?
make sure your power plug is plugged in and your using max performance power settings. short of that 1.8ghz is probably to slow