Slow motion help
okay i know, there has been so many of these threads already but i need some help.
I have an i3 @3.3 ghz and a nvidia 650ti 1gb and for some reason i can play final fantasy 12 flawlessly @ 1080p and so on. but when i put in an older game like ratchet clank or sly cooper it is just in slow motion and unplayable? this just doesnt make sense to me and i could use some help, thanks

Sponsored links

(10-15-2014, 12:15 AM)Keefer Wrote: okay i know, there has been so many of these threads already but i need some help.
I have an i3 @3.3 ghz and a nvidia 650ti 1gb and for some reason i can play final fantasy 12 flawlessly @ 1080p and so on. but when i put in an older game like ratchet clank or sly cooper it is just in slow motion and unplayable? this just doesnt make sense to me and i could use some help, thanks

Which i3?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-15-2014, 12:17 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Which i3?

i3-3220 and my cpu usage never seems to go past about 70%
(10-15-2014, 12:21 AM)Keefer Wrote: i3-3220 and my cpu usage never seems to go past about 70%

Try setting some extra rendering threads in your GSdx config. Also, try MTVU and the EE cyclerate hacks
(10-15-2014, 12:28 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Try setting some extra rendering threads in your GSdx config. Also, try MTVU and the EE cyclerate hacks

Put my ee a 2 and the cycle stealing at 0.5, any higher on those and it just made it slower. MTVU helped alot but the game still looks like crap, (really glitched out and textures dont seem to load) and it only slows down now when theres alot going on. i just dont understand how i can run ff12 flawlessly and an old game like that is just terrible
(10-15-2014, 12:43 AM)Keefer Wrote: Put my ee a 2 and the cycle stealing at 0.5, any higher on those and it just made it slower. MTVU helped alot but the game still looks like crap, (really glitched out and textures dont seem to load) and it only slows down now when theres alot going on. i just dont understand how i can run ff12 flawlessly and an old game like that is just terrible

Different game different code FFXII isn't very difficult for the ps2 to run whereas Ratchet and Clank is a technical marvel. Ratchet and Clank really pushes the ps2 hardware to its limit and in turn will push a pc to the limit when it's being emulated.

to fix the textures press f9.
Ratchet and Clank requires software mode for the textures to look right(Press F9 while running, but your rig won't run it near full speed). It's also one of the most demanding games for PCSX2.

Edit: Dammit Nobbs.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD