Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow motion issues on Highend PC
Hello. I've had PCS2 for a while now and I have been able to play some demanding games just fine like: Timesplitters 2, Kigdomhearts 2. However recently I have not been able to play Ratchet and Clank up your arsenal or metal gear solid 3. 

My computer specs are: 
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
Processor: AMD FX ™- 8350 Eight core. 4Ghz 
Memory 16Gb 
Direct 11
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

I have tried playing around with the emulator setting: 

Currently i have the Adapter set to my GPU 
Renderer: Direct3D11 (hardware) 
Interlacing: Auto
8 bit : checked 
Internal resolution: Native 
Texture filtering Bilinear 
CRC hack level: Full safest 
HW hacks: unchecked 

I have tried it with and without 8 bit checked. 

in ratchet and clank when the fps drops below 60 the EE and GS go up to around 70

Sponsored links

Your CPU is not high end, with only a STR (single thread rating) of 1507. It's recommended to have at least 1600 for the least demanding games, and up to 2000+ for the more demanding games. Your graphics card is fine though
Windows 10 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-6700 3.4 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
I can vouch for envisaged' response from experience: it's the CPU. I had a 4ghz AMD and was stumped as to why my backups were playing at horrible framerates. I switched to an i5 4690k and oh what a difference it made immediately. It's the single thread performance you need, and AMD in that aspect is lagging a tad for PCSX2 purposes.
Quote: Processor: AMD FX ™- 8350 Eight core. 4Ghz
Based on Internet review, Ryzen seems to be a much faster CPU. So even if you look at AMD brand, your CPU is kind of meh....

However, I don't know the behavior of Ryzen on PCSX2 (so it could still be slower than Intel CPU).