Slow on Champions
Ahh that's a good thought.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(04-12-2015, 07:00 PM)hallwaxer Wrote: I'm trying to run Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on a pretty decent gaming desktop (dx diag posted) and it's runs kinda bad. It seems I have to run in "software" mode to avoid screen glitching, and other games run a little smoother but not by much. They certainly don't run how I think they should. I'm pretty new to this kind of emulation and I'm running 1.2.1 PSX2 on mostly default settings. What do I need to do to get most games to run correctly?

Software mode with ~3 threads and mtvu(under speed hacks) will give you optimal performance. The EE and VU cycle hacks may also help.

Champions of norrath is one of the most demanding ps2 games to emulate partially because of pcsx2 and partially because of the game itself. We can't guarantee you'll get full speed.
Well, I did get it to a barely playable state thanks to the suggested settings here. So, thank you guys. The game play still holds up. The single screen co-op is fun.