Slow performance.
I think the game uses a "ton" of primitives for a particles effects but GSdx need to draw them one by one which isn't good for the perf. But honestly I didn't find yet the root cause of the slowdown (so it could be unrelated). The above hack/option won't do miracle, I just noticed a +3fps/+5fps with it on a ZoE2 (GSdx only) benchmark.

Sponsored links

Just to get things straight, did you try the latest development builds ?
(03-30-2016, 06:50 PM)ssakash Wrote: Just to get things straight, did you try the latest development builds ?

No I have not, I'll download it when I get home and hope for the best.  Thanks!
Some stats at 2x (3GHhz):
UserHacks_DisablePartialInvalidation = 1 : 51 fps
UserHacks_DisablePartialInvalidation = 0 : 43 fps

Actually I'm not even sure we are limited by the driver...
(03-30-2016, 06:49 PM)gregory Wrote: I think the game uses a "ton" of primitives for a particles effects but GSdx need to draw them one by one which isn't good for the perf. But honestly I didn't find yet the root cause of the slowdown (so it could be unrelated). The above hack/option won't do miracle, I just noticed a +3fps/+5fps with it on a ZoE2 (GSdx only) benchmark.

I hear you.  In the menus for me anyway it slows down game is good but yeah lots of particles all over the place especially during intense battles where multiple missiles and lasers are being fired all over the place.
(03-30-2016, 06:50 PM)ssakash Wrote: Just to get things straight, did you try the latest development builds ?

Version 1.50 is a much stable version!  For me anyway...  ZOE The Second runner now runs at a rock solid 60fps, although it's the only game I've tested it with so far besides Wipeout Fusion which still has some slowdown.  Thanks everyone for you help and suggestions.  Best Emulator I've used by far even with my physical discs.
(03-31-2016, 02:26 AM)PCGaming247 Wrote: Version 1.50 is a much stable version!  For me anyway...  ZOE The Second runner now runs at a rock solid 60fps, thought it's the only game I've tested it with so far besides Wipeout Fusion which still has some slowdown.  Thanks everyone for you help and suggestions.  Best Emulator I've used by far even with my physical discs.

I recommend disabling the MTVU hack if you haven't already (I gain ~10fps by disabling it) and set the EE Cyclerate to -2 Smile Fixes all my slowdowns (I tested in Florian Heights)
(03-31-2016, 02:26 AM)PCGaming247 Wrote: Version 1.50 is a much stable version!  For me anyway...  ZOE The Second runner now runs at a rock solid 60fps, although it's the only game I've tested it with so far besides Wipeout Fusion which still has some slowdown.  Thanks everyone for you help and suggestions.  Best Emulator I've used by far even with my physical discs.

Still some slowdown in ZOE 2 LOL but there is an improvement, the first boss fight in close quarters slows down to 49 50fps.  But God Hand is much improved!
@PCGaming247,
Which render did you use ? Did you try my above option ?
(03-31-2016, 12:39 PM)gregory Wrote: @PCGaming247,
Which render did you use ? Did you try my above option ?

Yeah didn't improve performance :/