Slow with agws
(01-05-2015, 02:38 PM)rama Wrote: Lol, the latency setting is in the SPU2-X plugin Tongue2
You have it set to just 50ms, which isn't enough for timestretch to work properly in varying FPS situations.

Regarding AMD vs Intel. An Intel CPU will work better in PCSX2. Apparently their CPUs cope better with the kind
of workload we have. That doesn't mean AMD will not be able to provide full speed. It just means you need an even
beefier AMD. Maybe about 4Ghz of their latest architecture?

Thank you for this one final question will I be able to play .hack without it constantly slowed down? Or will it be like xenosaga

Sponsored links

Uh, I think the first game of that series runs well. Best if you just try it Smile
(01-05-2015, 02:38 PM)rama Wrote: Lol, the latency setting is in the SPU2-X plugin Tongue2
You have it set to just 50ms, which isn't enough for timestretch to work properly in varying FPS situations.

Regarding AMD vs Intel. An Intel CPU will work better in PCSX2. Apparently their CPUs cope better with the kind
of workload we have. That doesn't mean AMD will not be able to provide full speed. It just means you need an even
beefier AMD. Maybe about 4Ghz of their latest architecture?

Depending on the game but around 4.2Ghz for Vishera will do it. Basically whatever gets you 1600 single threaded or higher in Passmark. Some really demanding games need 1800.

And yeah Intel CPUs handle the workload a lot better due to the much better single threaded performance. I'm certainly not arguing that. I just wanted to point out that there are many CPUs that don't fit those exact guidelines that will still work(including Intel ones).
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD