Slowdown in .hack//GU Rebirth
I started playing .hack//GU Rebirth on PCSX2 recently and found that the game is running incredibly slowly (everything moving and talking half as fast as it should be). Not a low FPS but everything is running slow. Sometimes things will speed up a little bit in an area but usually slows down again if I see any enemies. I'm a new PCSX2 user and now sure how to debug/remedy problems. Any ideas on what I can do to try and fix this? Thanks for any help!

Sponsored links

WHAT YOUR HARDWARE CONFIGURATION?
and What version of Pcsx2 you are using?

Check the SVNs(Pcsx2 with actualizations recents)
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

And post images of the conf. of you Pcsx2(show you settings)
(01-13-2014, 10:05 PM)DESTRUIDOR Wrote: WHAT YOUR HARDWARE CONFIGURATION

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Series
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
I'm using a PS4 controller as my GamePad
I don't know what my RAM is but I'm pretty sure I have 8GB of it.

Anything else you need to know? Sorry if I don't know what all the relevant hardware is.
Dont worry.

What settings you are using in pcsx2?

About you are using a ps4 control,i never heard before,i dont know with this causes more Heavy in the game,anyway you can use a other control or hotkey only for test?
@DESTRUIDOR:
Your whole post just nicely summarizes what is needed to solve the problem. But why are you starting in a capslock style? Capslock is normally used for shouting. After reading this I imagine you standing alone in a room with OP both of you with a glass red whine in the hand. He tells you the story how he could not play the game in reasonable speed and you start shouting at him:
Quote:WHAT YOUR HARDWARE CONFIGURATION

To OP:
You probably maxed all speedhacks, or? They can fake fps so that the display of the fps is not the real one.
(01-13-2014, 10:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: @DESTRUIDOR:
Your whole post just nicely summarizes what is needed to solve the problem. But why are you starting in a capslock style? Capslock is normally used for shouting. After reading this I imagine you standing alone in a room with OP both of you with a glass red whine in a room with OP. He tells you the story how he could not play the game in reasonable speed and you start shouting at him:

To OP:
You probably maxed all speedhacks, or? They can fake fps so that the display of the fps is not the real one.

Not,is not my intencion,i do others things here,and accidentally my caps On,and i only see this after finish the sentence.

And Wilkuer i dont have to much experience in internet like you,i m from the real world,whats is OP?
I'm using PCSX2 v0.9.8 r4600
Grabbed latest revision from the SVN you linked, configured it, and still am experiencing same slowdown on Rebirth.
OP

= original poster

Probably everyone here

is from the real world.

I think I am no

exception

To OP:

Can you please post the emulog.txt after you started the game?
All necessary information is listed there.
It can be found in the folder where you extracted the latest SVN in the subfolder \logs\
(01-13-2014, 10:33 PM)avorum Wrote: I'm using PCSX2 v0.9.8 r4600
Grabbed latest revision from the SVN you linked, configured it, and still am experiencing same slowdown on Rebirth.
You can see this,its a obsolet version,please click in the link(gren)and dowload the last version 1.1

Download
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.p...indows-x86
(01-13-2014, 10:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: @DESTRUIDOR:
Your whole post just nicely summarizes what is needed to solve the problem. But why are you starting in a capslock style? Capslock is normally used for shouting. After reading this I imagine you standing alone in a room with OP both of you with a glass red whine in the hand. He tells you the story how he could not play the game in reasonable speed and you start shouting at him:

To OP:

I haven't maxed anything. I did a fresh install of PCSX2 last week, did all of my configuration and tried to run Rebirth.