Slowdown on ryzen
Hi!

I have a ryzen 5 1400 and a gtx 1050,but I can't seem to be able to get Metal Gear Solid 3 to run at full speed.
The cutscenes especially can be really slow and I really don't know why. 
The EE usage isn't high,none of the CPU threads are even close to being maxed out and even if I run it at native res it doesn't seem to solve the problem.
I have tried both opengl and dx11 with no result.
I am using PCSX2 1.4(tried 1.5 aswell,same situation) with the default settings.

Does anyone have an idea what's going on?

Sponsored links

that cpu's str isn't too bad (1720), but MGS3 can be really demanding. (you would need a CPU with STR around 1900-2000)
that said, updating to latest git could help a bit, but don't get your hopes too high.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I see,but as I said none of the CPU threads are even close to being maxed out. I would assume that if it were a CPU power problem at least one of the threads would be running at close to 90%...but that's not the case.
(10-03-2018, 03:33 PM)solidsnek Wrote: I see,but as I said none of the CPU threads are even close to being maxed out. I would assume that if it were a CPU power problem at least one of the threads would be running at close to 90%...but that's not the case.

that's not how it works, unfortunately.
your cpu isn't struggling.
Ijust doesn't have enough raw power when it comes to STR.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
What Jesalvein is trying to tell you is that PCSX2 emulator uses the single threading processing power, whereas unfortunately AMD is on the lacking department compared to Intel. It will work overall, but you need to tweak a lot and even then it's the question if you'll make it to 50 fps(EU/PAL) or 60 fps (NTSC). MGS3 is known to be a heavier game to emulate, also don't compare emulating to pc gaming, they're seriously 2 different things Smile