Slowdown when increasing resolution
When increasing the internal resolution above native, I'm getting slowdown. Wondering if it's my processor (Stock Intel Core i7 4790k running at 4Ghz) or my video card (Stock Nvidia 970) that's the bottleneck here? Hoping (And assuming) it's the video card, as that is obviously easier to deal with and replace. I doubt it's my RAM (16 GBs DDR3)?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-03-2017, 09:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Intel Core i7 4790k
Nvidia 970
16 GBs DDR3
64 Bit Windows 10 Pro Fall Creators Update
PCSX2 1.4.0
PCSX2 and games are on Samsung 850 Pro SSD
Wild Arms Alter Code F on ISO
You shouldn't be experiencing slowdowns in that game with those specs...

When you say you're going above native, exactly how high are you going?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(11-03-2017, 10:37 PM)Ryudo Wrote: You shouldn't be experiencing slowdowns in that game with those specs...

When you say you're going above native, exactly how high are you going?

I have it at 4x internal resolution. To be fair, most of the game plays just fine, though there are sometimes some slowdowns (If a chest appears at the end of battle, during non FMV cutscenes). I know, I could simply turn it down and probably not have the slowdowns, but I'm wondering what I can do to keep the resolution and not have the slowdowns (Upgrade video card, overclock processor)?
upgrade video card, i guess.
what do the ee% & gs% say when it's slow ?

That said, just keep in mind it's possible no GPU will be able to render this game @ 4k yet.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-03-2017, 10:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: upgrade video card, i guess.
what do the ee% & gs% say when it's slow ?

That said, just keep in mind it's possible no GPU will be able to render this game @ 4k yet.

Okay. Was hoping it would be as simple as overclocking my processor, but I figured it was my video card that's my bottleneck, and knew that somebody here would know for sure. Thanks!
i don't think he doesnt need to upgrade his video card his CPU and video card is already a decent one maybe his monitor is bottomneck.....is your monitor is in Display port?? his nvidia 970 is DP-ready...all i say is bye-bye DVI and HDMI
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-04-2017, 02:05 AM)smartstrike Wrote: i don't think he doesnt need to upgrade his video card his CPU and video card is already a decent one maybe his monitor is bottomneck.....is your monitor is in Display port?? his nvidia 970 is DP-ready...all i say is bye-bye DVI and HDMI

What does DVI or HDMI have to do with PC performance?
HDMI to 60" TV