WinSet,Style,-0xC40000,A
WinMove,A,,0,0,% A_ScreenWidth,% A_ScreenHeight
}
Else
WinSet,Style,+0xC40000,A
Return
 And this is for any screen resolution,not just 1920x1080

Sponsored links

Maybe I don't understand your problem, but V-Sync will will cut your framerate in half if you can't maintain full speed. With PCSX2 this will manifest as slow motion gameplay.
(12-29-2015, 09:17 PM)dogen Wrote: Maybe I don't understand your problem, but V-Sync will will cut your framerate in half if you can't maintain full speed. With PCSX2 this will manifest as slow motion gameplay.

No, I can maintain more then 60fps, however when using V-sync in OGL it causes slowdown for no apparent reason regardless of any other settings or game. It's just some sort of bug in the coding.
I'm having the same issue. sometimes the framerate caps at 30fps and the only way to fix it is by going out out of fullscreen and then going back in.

I hope gregory can fix this.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

(12-29-2015, 05:36 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: if you are on current OS Win7/8/10 there is no reason to enable vsync in pcsx2 vsync is already enabled, due to aero/desktop composition

They aren't the same. Otherwise, you won't be able to run games faster than your monitor's refresh rate. Regardless, Windows Aero should prevent tearing. Maybe the windowed mode and borderless windowed mode work differently.
If I turn vsync off on pcsx2 I have tearing. So no, its most likely not the same.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

(12-29-2015, 10:09 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: They aren't the same. Otherwise, you won't be able to run games faster than your monitor's refresh rate. Regardless, Windows Aero should prevent tearing. Maybe the windowed mode and borderless windowed mode work differently.

I'm still uncertain that PCSX2's Full screen mode is actually borderless windowed, the way it acts it seems very much like it is in exclusive mode. If it were borderless I have no clue why it would flash black when tabbing out, it certainly doesn't do that in windowed mode, and it isn't changing resolution. Not to mention it isn't effected by Aero.

Edit: Just did some testing, also when using PCSX2's full screen option I don't get windows notifications when performing actions that would normally produce a notification (like taking a prntscreen normally I would be notified it has been sent to onedrive) so it also is suspending some background windows functionality as do most exclusive full screen games.

There also seem to be spikes in CPU usage when tabbing in and out when in full screen mode, this is not the case in windowed mode.

Just saying, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
(12-29-2015, 09:17 PM)dogen Wrote: Maybe I don't understand your problem, but V-Sync will will cut your framerate in half if you can't maintain full speed. With PCSX2 this will manifest as slow motion gameplay.

I've experienced slow motion gameplay with V-Sync on in some games. It really depends on the game, more graphically demanding games is where this usually happens. In some cases games run too fast with V-Sync un-checked and checking V-Sync is helpful from keeping the game running stable and from running too fast. (in addition to preventing visual tearing)

There are also some games where using the "Stretch" option with V-Sync on causes more slowdown than desired, while using the 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio produce smoother more stable frame rates with V-Sync on. (have you experienced this?) That's possibly something for the OP to try if still getting less than desired framer rates with V-Sync on with Stretch.

This phenomena had me thinking if were possible for PCSX2 to add a "16:10" aspect ratio option in addition to the 16:9, 4:3, and Stretch options for games that run slowly with V-Sync on with Stretch, but not on 16:9 or 4:3.

I usually use Stretch to get complete full screen coverage, and in many games Stretch runs perfectly smooth with V-Sync on in full screen, but for the more demanding games that struggle on Stretch with V-Sync on, would having a specific 16:10 aspect ratio provide greater frame rate stability (as seen on both 16:9 and 4:3) with V-Sync on?

Though 16:10 would look very similar to Stretch in full screen, perhaps having it as a fixed aspect ratio would alleviate the performance / frame rate issues with V-Sync on. (with Aspect ratio set to Stretch) Can anyone confirm what I have experienced, that the Stretch option at times causes more slowdown than 16:9 or 4:3 does with V-Sync on?
(12-30-2015, 12:58 AM)planetps2 Wrote: I've experienced slow motion gameplay with V-Sync on in some games. It really depends on the game, more graphically demanding games is where this usually happens. In some cases games run too fast with V-Sync un-checked and checking V-Sync is helpful from keeping the game running stable and from running too fast. (in addition to preventing visual tearing)

There are also some games where using the "Stretch" option with V-Sync on causes more slowdown than desired, while using the 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio produce smoother more stable frame rates with V-Sync on. (have you experienced this?) That's possibly something for the OP to try if still getting less than desired framer rates with V-Sync on with Stretch.

This phenomena had me thinking if were possible for PCSX2 to add a "16:10" aspect ratio option in addition to the 16:9, 4:3, and Stretch options for games that run slowly with V-Sync on with Stretch, but not on 16:9 or 4:3.

I usually use Stretch to get complete full screen coverage, and in many games Stretch runs perfectly smooth with V-Sync on in full screen, but for the more demanding games that struggle on Stretch with V-Sync on, would having a specific 16:10 aspect ratio provide greater frame rate stability (as seen on both 16:9 and 4:3) with V-Sync on?

Though 16:10 would look very similar to Stretch in full screen, perhaps having it as a fixed aspect ratio would alleviate the performance / frame rate issues with V-Sync on. (with Aspect ratio set to Stretch) Can anyone confirm what I have experienced, that the Stretch option at times causes more slowdown than 16:9 or 4:3 does with V-Sync on?

The problem is not V-sync itself it is the combination of using OGL and Vsync causing slowdown, no matter what game is played, no matter what other settings are chose and other people have confirmed this.

Edit: just to make sure I played a game in native res and it still occured, although it did take longer to occur, but after that point it was permanently slowed down until returning to windowed
maybe add this to git issues

(12-29-2015, 10:09 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: They aren't the same. Otherwise, you won't be able to run games faster than your monitor's refresh rate. Regardless, Windows Aero should prevent tearing. Maybe the windowed mode and borderless windowed mode work differently.

Function wise they are the same implementation wise they are not, it just Windows aero does not limit you to your monitor hz, it does stop tearing which all that matters it been like this since Win7 just like in Win8/10 it slightly diffrent, most obiviously ins Win8/10 it alot harder to disable the fuction