Slowdowns and lower cpu usage in dq8
I've been playing dragon quest 8 and mostly it runs at full speed but occasionally will drop to quarter speed what's really odd is that when this happens my cpu usage will also drop from around 40% to less than 15 % is this normal? For reference my cpu is an 8350 @ 4.6

Sponsored links

Is it a gpu bottleneck, maybe? Or HDD issue. It's a FX 8350, overclocked, maybe it's overheating? Heard those get hot, more than usual for AMD
Additionally to all what rassane said it could be some power saving feauture. Check cpu-z and gpu-z readings during and slightly after slowdowns.

Does this happen periodically or dependent on content?
I don't think it would be a gpu bottleneck since my gpu is a 980 ti and gpu ussage never gets above 2% , and my cpu doesn't usually get much hotter than 55 c, I can try moving the game to an ssd once I get home to check if it is an HDD issue.
So far is seems entirely random it will be fine one second then just drop it seems to be dropping fairly often usually drops between encounters at least once it seems aif the emulator is going from using 2/3 cores to just one
(07-29-2015, 12:13 AM)bastiannine Wrote: gpu ussage never gets above 2%

Then it might be a gpu power saving feature. As I said please check readings of yu our components using cpu-z and gpu-z. Especially clocks.
(07-29-2015, 12:13 AM)bastiannine Wrote: I don't think it would be a gpu bottleneck since my gpu is a 980 ti and gpu ussage never gets above 2% , and my cpu doesn't usually get much hotter than 55 c, I can

Try turning power management to maximum power in the nvidia control panel. I almost wouldn't be surprised if it really only runs 2% on a 980 ti though.
make profile for pcsx2 in nvcp and set it to max performance and not adaptive
So after I got home I changed the games to 5x instead of custom 1080p and change the graphics device from auto to my graphics card and moved the game to an ssd and now the game runs perfectly
If gsdx is set to auto, can it dynamically switch gpus?

Also: you can put the isos back on your hdd if the issue is fixed