Slowdowns in Wipeout Fusion
Question 
Hi everyone!

Has anyone managed to get Wipeout Fusion running smooth without slowdowns? most of the time it is running with full framerate and no slowdowns, but on some tracks, especialy when 3 or 4 ore even mor ther ships are in sight on some tracks there are slowdowns.
Tried several speedhacks, no success. Plaing fullscreen mode 1024 * 768 and internal res. 1020 * 1020. (This internal res worked out best for tekken 5 so i left it this way...)
I am using Pcsx2 r1888, gsdx 2404 on an core 2 duo @ 3,6 ghz and an 9600 GT, WinXP, DX9. Would Windows7 and DX10 improve the speed of the emulator significant? Or is this a Wipeout fusion problem and can't be solved ?

Greetings

Killerloop

Sponsored links

Quote:Would Windows7 and DX10 improve the speed of the emulator significant? Or is this a Wipeout fusion problem and can't be solved ?

Depends, it could or maybe it is a specific core problem and that won't solve it. I guess your best bet is to get feedback from someone who has the game and uses DX10.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
That was the intentions of my post, findng someone who is playing wipeout fusion and has discovered which setup is the best.
Unfortunately very few people are playing this game, or at least
i can find very few posts here abaout this issue.
Is there a general speedup when usind DX10 and not DX9 ?

Greeting

Killerloop
Yeah there is, also DX10 mode has lots of glitches fixed compared to DX9. Truth is considering your CPU speed is quite high, it looks like this issue will not go away with DX10 mode of GSdx. Seems it is a PCSX2 issue (could be a bug, could be simply the game uses some hard to emulate features slowing down PCSX2).
I'd say give Windows 7 a try, you have modern hardware why not a modern OS too Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]