Slowness
Hey guys been scrolling trough google to find a solution, still yet none found.

The game is NHL 2k4 which I think isn't very spec-requiring. I have dual-core 3.2GHz and NVidia GeForce 9600GT. The menus and all work fine but the gameplay is horrible and slow motion. The EE% (I guess it should be at 100% shouldn't it?) is at approx. 80% during gameplay.

Any suggestions are kindly taken. Cheers.

Sponsored links

what are your specs. Dual core @ 3.2ghz doesnt' say much
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-22-2014, 07:37 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: what are your specs. Dual core @ 3.2ghz doesnt' say much

Well 4GB DDR3 RAM, Win7 64bit and the video card has total memory of 2278MB.
I recall my video card being as a recommended spec in some version of PCSX but I'm not quite sure.
What model cpu?
Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), the brand of the PC is eMachines although that doesn't matter.
You'll have to mess with speedhacks, but that CPU probably won't get run that game at full speed.
First of all we need to know what setting do you use in pcsx2, do you run software mode in gsdx? If so, then try changing to hardware mode with native scaling, fxaa disabled, that should be fastest.
Damn, isn't it funny how much it actually takes to emulate 10 years old PS2 game? Well, probably time to buy a new PC anyway. Just a legendary game, 2k4.
(12-22-2014, 09:47 PM)jimi580 Wrote: Damn, isn't it funny how much it actually takes to emulate 10 years old PS2 game? Well, probably time to buy a new PC anyway. Just a legendary game, 2k4.

It's even funnier when you consider that this ancient console is in fact unbelievably complex and alien compared to a computer Tongue

Thus why emulating it requires a pretty beefy computer.
you could try overclocking your cpu to get a little bit of speed but, it won't give an incredible performance boost (or) something so, i think it's wise to get a better pc to play ps2 games on your pc.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction