Sly 2 Band of thieves Really slow
As the title says, Sly 2 Band of thieves suffers from some really bad lag, i can only get like 30-40 fps when the screen is facing anything other than the floor or ceiling, I KNOW for a fact that my computer can run this game. Specs are attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

The Sly games are very difficult to emulate properly. I've seen people with a better PC than I have not being able to get full speed all the time.

Which settings are you using? Are you using speed hacks? If so, which ones? Are you running native resolution or higher?

Also, I can't see which gpu you're using in the attached file.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(09-03-2020, 09:36 AM)IFHQ Wrote: I KNOW for a fact that my computer can run this game. Specs are attached

How do you know this ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-03-2020, 10:02 AM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: The Sly games are very difficult to emulate properly. I've seen people with a better PC than I have not being able to get full speed all the time.

Which settings are you using? Are you using speed hacks? If so, which ones? Are you running native resolution or higher?

Also, I can't see which gpu you're using in the attached file.

Its an RTX 2060, I can Run VR games at High Resolution, 60 FPS, so why cant I run this? and I just picked all the default settings that come when you first start up. I had no idea what to pick, and as far as I know no I am not using speed hacks, and if Native Resolution is the Default, then yea Im using Native Resolution

(09-03-2020, 10:14 AM)jesalvein Wrote: How do you know this ?

I know this cause if I can run VR games at a Full 60 FPS even during their busiest in VRchat, then I can run this no problem, at least thats what I would think
are those "VR games" you're talking about native PC games ?
if so comparing native PC gaming to emulation is a complete nonsense.

Fact is Sly games tend to hammer GPUs, even the most powerful ones.
you may try latest dev builds, though. I think a few things have been improved about this.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go