Sly 2 running slow
I just finished setting up my settings according to the guide, but the only game I have for ps2 (Sly 2) is running kinda slow.
It sits at a constant 30-40 fps.
I'm running it trough the DVD, how much would it speed it up if I tried making an ISO?
And what else can I do to speed it up? I really think my system should get more than 30 fps.

i7 920 @ 2.66 ghz
GTX295
6 gb ddr3 ram
PCSX2 0.9.8

Sponsored links

It's one of the problematic games with PCSX2, that's why the speed you're getting is crap. Try using software mode with GSdx, see if that helps the speed (set SW rendering threads to 3 as well)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Made it about twice as slow :/

Would another game perhaps play fluidly? If so, can anyone recommend some games that works good with PCSX2?
I mostly wanna relive my childhood with some platformers, like perhaps Ratchet and Clank (if they work good) or perhaps crash bandicoot (were there ever released any for PS2?).
Hehe yeah you are unlucky Tongue The Ratchet and Clank games also have serious issues with PCSX2 (I think it's the same engine as the Sly series? maybe that's why) but the Crash Bandicoot games work ok Smile (at least Wrath of Cortex which I have)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Aww too bad.
I'll see if some of my friends have crash, any other good running platformers?
How about killzone 1?
Kingdom Hearts 1, would run like a beauty on your PC. The game is like 20$. It's one of the best RPG or IS the best RPG game I've ever played. It's a lot of fun and will be my favorite RPG.
Sorry to reply to old thread but...

I just finished a playthrough of Sly 2 on PCSX2 1.0.0. In order to get full 60 frames on my computer I had to set the preset to "3- Balanced" AND had to set the MTVU speedhack on.
Even with all that some areas with a lot of things on screen it would slow down to 45 fps, with the GS at 100%, but the game is still totally playable.
(And setting the preset to '4-Advanced' or higher, characters just didn't look right and also were totally missing in binocucom. Also I only got character shadows in GSdx software mode.)

I guess this is a bit of a problematic game.
(09-19-2012, 06:14 AM)extradessert Wrote: Sorry to reply to old thread but...

I just finished a playthrough of Sly 2 on PCSX2 1.0.0. In order to get full 60 frames on my computer I had to set the preset to "3- Balanced" AND had to set the MTVU speedhack on.
Even with all that some areas with a lot of things on screen it would slow down to 45 fps, with the GS at 100%, but the game is still totally playable.
(And setting the preset to '4-Advanced' or higher, characters just didn't look right and also were totally missing in binocucom. Also I only got character shadows in GSdx software mode.)

I guess this is a bit of a problematic game.
Shadows are disabled in HW mode.

Submit it to the Compatibility List forum, there was no need to re-bump this old thread.
Acer Aspire V3-571
CPU: Intel i5-3210M @ 3.1GHz (overclocked)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (up to 1760MB)
RAM: 6 GB DDR3

Playing: FFX-2