Sly 3 Weird outline around characters
I'm playing Sly 3 and so far, I solved most issues I had with it, but there's still a weird outline spaced out of all characters, and strangely, I couldn't find anyone having the same problem on this forum.
I tried to change many video settings but these outlines are always there, does anyone have an idea ?

Also, I don't know if it can be of any use, but since most people seems to ask for it, here's my emuLog.        
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 814 bytes / Downloads: 103)

Sponsored links

You need to do full emulog from starting pcsx2, then starting the game and playing for a bit and then closing the emulator.

Also it's probably something with texture stretching and your internal resolution in the emulator, if I had to guess. Try it on native resolution and generally play around with video settings. I don't own this game so I cannot test myself, but see if half-pixel offset and general upscaling settings do anything.

Also: https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Sly_3:_Honor_Among_Thieves
The problem was listed on the link you sent, but they don't say how to fix it completely, so I guess the only way would be to use the native resolution in the video settings ? It make the game way too pixelised, and I watched some video of people showing their configuration to play this game and they usually use at least the 5x native resolution and don't have these lines.

Is there anything else I can do about it ?
Also, here's my new emuLog.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 26,04 KB / Downloads: 117)
Thanks. For what it's worth I found one video after a quick search where the person actually shows exact graphics configs they use (as well as the version) so it may be something to try as they are using 6x internal resolution and no visible lines that i see in the video.

Video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29izNXEywiY

Beyond that, you may be outta luck with emulation accuracy increasing in the newer builds some graphical glitches are bound to come up in unexpected places.
Yeah, I just updated my pcsx2 from 1.4 to 1.6 but still the same issues, I played sly 1 and 2 with far worse graphics so I should be fine, but since I play with 1.6 I feel like it slow down way more often than before, is 1.6 stable yet ?
1.6 has been a stable build since last year. Odd numbers are daily development releases.
(08-13-2021, 08:55 AM)MrWizard Wrote: Thanks. For what it's worth I found one video after a quick search where the person actually shows exact graphics configs they use (as well as the version) so it may be something to try as they are using 6x internal resolution and no visible lines that i see in the video.

Video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29izNXEywiY

Beyond that, you may be outta luck with emulation accuracy increasing in the newer builds some graphical glitches are bound to come up in unexpected places.

YOOOOOO! This video worked for me in Sly Cooper 1 where the outlines were bugged out and visibly away from the character models. Thank you so much. Just set your video plugin to their settings and plugin and it fixes the weird black outlines.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go