Sly 3 lags terribly
Video 
Hello everyone, please excuse me in advance if I mess up something, but it's the first time I'm posting here.

Here to the problem, I've been playing the Sly saga on PCSX2 (which btw brought a lot of memories, thanks!) and I've had no issues whatsoever with the first game and the second game. I'm having issues with the third, at the last chapter (Dead men tell no tales). As you can see in this video it lags in this wierd way that I've never experienced before while playing games on this emulator.

GPU usage during start up rises up to 80% (when Sly is killing monsters in kaine island), but when it comes to the chapter itself it's normal: on 12/15% usage. As you see in the video fps are normal during gameplay, but fall down during that start up, which it's not a real problem actually, cause I've only noticed it today while recording since I always skeep it.

My system is the following:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 sc
  • RAM: 8gb ddr4 @2666mhz
I don't know if you need something else, if you do please let me know.

One thing I should note is that I've always played with the standard settings, regarding video settings. Which means I've always played with Direct3D9(hardwarde) and Default Hardware Device. I've tried to mess a bit with the video settings but nothing as changed. Right now these are my settings. But again nothing has changed.

If there are more infos you need to understand and try to troubleshoot my problem ask and I'll try to provide them. Thanks!

Sponsored links

Switch to D3D11 and use the latest dev version.

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Hmm,I remember someone posting about this problem before(exactly on that scene and I was able to reproduce the problem)but sadly it was long ago and I don't remember what exactly was the problem(what to do to fix it)

Just a random guess...are you using widescreen patches
(05-20-2018, 06:35 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Switch to D3D11 and use the latest dev version.

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Everything works fine now. Thanks! I wasn't aware of the fact that the emulator was updated.
(05-20-2018, 06:44 PM)vsub Wrote: Hmm,I remember someone posting about this problem before(exactly on that scene and I was able to reproduce the problem)but sadly it was long ago and I don't remember what exactly was the problem(what to do to fix it)

Just a random guess...are you using widescreen patches

It's a GL only issue, needs to be debugged what is causing the slowdowns.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5