Sly Cooper 1 gameplay issues (normally caused by Gameshark)
I've recently taken up playing Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus on PCSX2 and have had the game perform without any sort of graphical or sound issues, but I've found something peculiar: certain bugs in the game arise from the use of certain third party hardware (like Gameshark, or certain special memory cards, apparently), and some of these glitches are also present in when playing the game in PCSX2. Most of these bugs aren't present (item pickups not spawning, not being able to use keys), but one gamebreaking glitch still exists: a fire at the end of Into the Machine hurting you even after it's been put out, blocking your passage through the rest of the level. Other glitches that I'm yet to encounter may still exist, as well.

Having heard that this is caused by the use of a Gameshark, I turned off any codes I was aware of, such as the widescreen hack and gamefixes, which didn't help. I'm not sure if anybody reading this would have played through the game on the emulator themselves, but if so, were there any particular settings you used that may have rectified this? If not, does anybody have any ideas? Having looked, I haven't found anybody that played through the game entirely on PCSX2, and I haven't found instances of people having the same issue on PCSX2, either, so I don't very well have any other place to turn to at this point. For people playing the game on PS2, as Sucker Punch has put it, "removing the additional accessory returns the game to normal," but I'm wondering if this is even possible given the nature of using an emulator.

Thanks for taking your time to help, whether or not there's a solution, though.

Sponsored links

I read about this in the WS patch thread. Apparently to get past that part you have to play the whole game without the WS patch. At least that's how I understood it. Once you're there, you're stuck.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Is there any process for pulling WS patches when they are found to break stuff.
(02-07-2015, 06:26 AM)Ge-Force Wrote: Is there any process for pulling WS patches when they are found to break stuff.

I believe/thought this one was pulled. I'm gonna cross post to the WS patches thread to get their attention on this one.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
This widescreen patch was listed as "unstable," actually, so it was known. Thanks for letting me know so quickly - I'll delete my save and play through the game without the patch to see if it all works.
(02-07-2015, 05:27 AM)FinalSoraRiku Wrote: a fire at the end of Into the Machine hurting you even after it's been put out, blocking your passage through the rest of the level.

That's happened to me on real PS2 with ps2rd widescreen cheat. After that I still can't get through even without widescreen cheat enabled.
(02-07-2015, 08:23 PM)Fuso90 Wrote: That's happened to me on real PS2 with ps2rd widescreen cheat. After that I still can't get through even without widescreen cheat enabled.

You'll have to delete your save and play through the game again without ever enabling any cheats. I don't know if any issues will occur after this one, so it'd probably be best not to use the widescreen at all just to be safe. I'll just keep a non-widescreen save state in case I ever find more problems, but you should probably be a bit more cautious if you can't use them.