Sly Cooper 2 and 3
Hi,
SLy Cooper 1 seems to work great in the latest version of the emulator.
But sly 2 and 3 have strange gfx errors- red and blue stripes all over the image. I know this was an issue for a long time- but I `d like to ask if there is any way around this glitch in the newest version.

thx

Sponsored links

Probably working fine with a (software) renderer in GSdx, you could try the "alpha hack" or skipdraw options under the hacks subsection (usually values between 1-10 removes those, the lower you try the less extra glitches it causes), check the configuration guide to know how to use the hacks
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...v0-9-7#Gfx
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-25-2010, 01:11 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Probably working fine with a (software) renderer in GSdx, you could try the "alpha hack" or skipdraw options under the hacks subsection (usually values between 1-10 removes those, the lower you try the less extra glitches it causes), check the configuration guide to know how to use the hacks
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...v0-9-7#Gfx

NOpe. Tried alpha hack and skipdraw. nothing. any other idea?
Well try higher skipdraw values, but it's probable only software will fix it then (you didn't mention if that worked or not).
Only SW mode fixes it afaik Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-26-2010, 01:05 AM)refraction Wrote: Only SW mode fixes it afaik Sad

that is not an option. SW mode is unplayable slow and looks ugly
(11-26-2010, 01:03 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Well try higher skipdraw values, but it's probable only software will fix it then (you didn't mention if that worked or not).

SW works. at least the title screen but it is unplayable slow of course.
i tried skipdraw 1-10 and the alpha hack as you suggested. nothing.
any new idea maybe?Smile
Get a faster PC where software doesn't run so low? Tongue

Try frameskip (shift+f4) while running in software to increase speed a bit, you could also try setting the NTSC Framerate (Config > Emulation settings > GS) to the FPS you get instead of the default 59.94, may give playable speed then. Just remember to set it back to the default for other games if you use the latter method.

Oh and try the VU cycle stealing speedhack, may help a bit with that speed on software renderer too.
(11-26-2010, 05:27 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Get a faster PC where software doesn't run so low? Tongue

Try frameskip (shift+f4) while running in software to increase speed a bit, you could also try setting the NTSC Framerate (Config > Emulation settings > GS) to the FPS you get instead of the default 59.94, may give playable speed then. Just remember to set it back to the default for other games if you use the latter method.

Oh and try the VU cycle stealing speedhack, may help a bit with that speed on software renderer too.

You are right byt i jsut don`t use SW mode. it looks so bad and the frameskip is really choppy.
so it is impossible in the current version right? maybe in the future
ok but... It's possible with software rendering right now Tongue2
(11-26-2010, 11:43 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: ok but... It's possible with software rendering right now Tongue2

Biggrin

right. but it is slow slow slow.Tongue