Sly Cooper FPS
I'm trying to play Sly Cooper 1 on Pcsx2 0.9.6 but the FPS keeps jumping from 20+ to 60 with frame limits on. I dunno if this matters but I also play Zelda WW on the dolphin emulator (without sound of course) and can easily achieve frames around 30 with the throttle on so I thought I'd try taking out the sound in pcsx2 but saw no difference in the fps.

Specs:
- Macbook Pro 2009 release
- NVidia GeForce 9600GT
- 4GB DDR3 RAM
- Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.6 GHz

For some parts where there are these 'chimney-thingies' that spew flames, the fps gets pulled down to about 18+ at times. Is this normal?

Sponsored links

might be the power management of your notebook. chipsets of portable computers tend to overheat rather fast under 100% load. the power management then "saves" your cpu by setting it to smaller clock speeds, thus perhaps the jumping of your fps. you can monitor your clock speeds and temperatures with a tool like "realtemp" during pcsx2 emulation.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Sorry lemme rephrase that. The fps drops to 20+ when I face one direction in a room and shoots up to 60 when I face the other way. Maybe the drop is the result of whatever needs to be loaded when I view with the first camera angle but I was wondering is 20+ fps is normal for a game like sly cooper.

But yeah after I play for about 10 minutes or so the body of my computer is so hot that it's hard to hold on to it for even 2 secs D:

Edit: Found the problem. It was the resolution thing. Set it to window with 512 dimensions. Now I've got 50+ fps on average. Thanks for the help anyways zero!
well, then you'll probably have to live with it. i don't have the game, so i'm unable to test my system's performance with it. but if speedhacks or newer beta revisions of pcsx2+plugins don't help, then there's not much you could do about it besides upgrading.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403