Smackdown SYM (New type of error)
First of all I want to say thanks to the developers of this emulator and all the support it gets. I also want to say that I'm brand new to the forums so please be kind.

I'm having an issue with Smackdown - Shut Your Mouth, and I know that plenty of others seem to have had issues with it as well. But in trying very hard to get past my problem, I've come across a problem that I haven't seen addressed yet.

Here's the situation: I'm using the freshest copy of Pscx2 and trying to run Smackdown SYM, and the game goes at a nice fast speed (reaching 500% at some points) until, of course, it gets to the menu- or rather where the menu would normally appear, and it doesn't. The game freezes but the music continues. Emulator shows my fps still going at 60-70.

Okay so that's not the new issue. I've seen that some people have had success doing something very specific, which is to find the patch for the game, make a copy of it, run the game, and look in the system window to see what the game's CRC value is when the elf file is loaded. There's a very specific thread explaining what to do, and in time I could find it and link to it here, but my point is I followed it quite accurately. The thing is, apparently the CRC code should consist of different letters and numbers than what is contained in the patch, and mine does not, so therefore I can't create a new one. The game's patch has been specifically identified as B0AE1898, but the loaded elf file lists the same characters after the CRC.

Here's a full copy of the information, which I noticed is rife with errors:

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 6
x86Family = Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz
CPU speed = 1.997 Ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0008e39d
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Detected SSE4.1

Hotkeys:
F1 - save state
(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
Bios Version 1.60

rom2 NOT FOUND

erom NOT FOUND

Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.94 fps
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen: C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\DVDIMAGE.ISO ok
offset = 0
blockofs = 24
blocksize = 2048
blocks = 1713488
type = 2
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0x0
Running the PS2 BIOS...
# Initialize memory (rev:3.63, ctm:393Mhz, cpuclk:295Mhz detected)
# Total accessable memory size: 32 MB (B:2:8:0) (363:2:7c30)
# TLB spad=0 kernel=1:12 default=13:30 extended=31:38
# Initialize Start.
GIF Warning > Soft reset requested, but the GS plugin doesn't support it!
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize User Memory ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Initialize Done.

EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Feb 7 2002 16:41:20
CPUID=2e20, BoardID=0, ROMGEN=2002-0207, 32M

# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
CDVD.KEY = 94,69,95,39,1D,04,05
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLUS_204.83;1; CRC = B0AE1898
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
gametitle: smackdown shut your mouth
comment: patched by prafull
patchnumber: 3
CDVD.KEY = 94,69,95,39,1D,00,01
ExecutePs2GameDisk
CDVD.KEY = 94,69,95,39,1D,00,01
# Restart.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Restart Done.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
DecSet Write: 53
DecSet Write: 00
# Restart.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Restart Done.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...

--------------------------

I have tried to understand as much of this as I can, but the vast majority of it is still over my head, so I apologize if I'm asking something that's already been discussed. I've looked through lots of threads and tried to re-read the starter guide, and I DO have some other games running fine on my laptop here (Timesplitters 2 runs at almost 100% speed, Shadow of the Colossus runs okay). But this game seems to be giving me special problems, and forgive me for going on at such length, but I just wanted to be specific so everyone knows that I'm only trying to fix a problem that I haven't seen a fix for somewhere else already.

Lastly, my specs:

Asus g51vx-rxo5 Intel centrino dual core 2.0 GHz with nvidia Geforce 260M

Sorry for being a noob, and sorry for making such a huge post. PLEASE accept my apologies if this has already been addressed specifically elsewhere, I did look for it. And thanks for any explanation in advance.

Sponsored links

Please, anybody? I didn't think was a problem anyone had already posted, but no one's replying, so now I'm not sure.

Like I said, I don't want to step on anyone's toes, and I hope I put this question in the right section of the forums. If my issue HAS already been diagnosed another time, could someone link me to the answer?

Really, I need help because I'm at this roadblock and don't understand how to proceed. I'm supposed to change the CRC results to match the elf file results, and they're already the same. Could someone at least take a minute to tell me what I'm doing wrong?
You did not provide adequate info. Which plugins do you use? What are their settings? What settings does PCSX2 have? If you're running from an ISO file, make sure you use the Linuz ISO cdvd plugin and have the ISO image dismounted and unused by any other external application
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-29-2010, 12:58 PM)Bositman Wrote: You did not provide adequate info. Which plugins do you use? What are their settings? What settings does PCSX2 have? If you're running from an ISO file, make sure you use the Linuz ISO cdvd plugin and have the ISO image dismounted and unused by any other external application

Ah, okay thank you, that's the kind of thing I need to learn, I didn't know there was more information needed (I assumed it would show up on that log).

Okay, much of this is still really confusing to me, so I'll do my best. Here's what my configuration is:

Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2 0.1.14)
Settings: Windowed, Direct3d9 (Hardware), Pixel Shader 2.0, No interlacing, Stretch, 1024,1024, SW.rend threads-1, NLOOP hack texture filtering and Alpha correction (FBA) enabled

Sound: P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
Settings: Volume 3, 0 reverb, interpolation 2: Gaussian interpolation

Cdvdrom: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
Compression method- .Z

Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
"Nothing to configure"

USB: USBnull Driver 0.5.0

Firewire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0

BIOS: USA v01.60(o7/2/2002) Console

I'm not sure if that helps at all. Also, if it makes any difference, the ISO I used was a direct rip of my own physical copy of Smackdown, ripped with DVD Decrypter, so if I need to rip it again with different settings or something that's entirely possible, though my other games were ripped the same way.

Also, I'm unsure what you mean about unmounting. The ISO is just sitting on my desktop and I point PCXS2 to it in the cdvdrom settings. Is this technically mounting the image? And if so, what do I do to unmount it? Also, no, the ISOs are not being mounted in any other program (daemon tools, etc).

Ask me anything specific you need to know and I'll do my best, and sorry for being a noob at this. But I'm trying to learn.
And thank you for the reply. I won't need much help beyond this game I think, since there are only about half a dozen games I'm interested in using PCXS2 and I already have several of them running pretty well.
Yes by unmounting I was talking about programs like Daemon tools, so you're ok in that regard. The problem might be caused by the image DVD decrypter made, so try making one with imgburn: http://www.imgburn.com/
Edit: I see the emulator is trying to load an old patch, that could be causing problems too so Uncheck 'Enable Patches' under Misc
Also in GSdx: If you have Vista/Windows 7, set renderer to DX 10 hardware, if you're on XP set Pixel Shader to 3. NLoop hack should be OFF except if you're running Final Fantasy X
Mounting means you have a virtual drive in your computer. Technically, if you don't have any DVD/CD drive, there won't show anything that point to your drive,right? But with mounting, you can read virtual drive. For example : If you try to mount Windows XP setup from the iso file, my computer will give you a new drive. It will appear like a CD/DVD-drive. The drive will contain the files from the iso you just mounted. Of course, you need certain program to mount a virtual drive.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Okay guys, thanks for the new info.

I tried your advice Bositman but so far no change. I UNchecked the Nloop hack, switched the renderer to DX 10 (hardware) and turned off patches (actually, the only reason I turned them on was because I had read about this whole patch renaming issue that is supposed to fix Smackdown SYM) but so far same issue. The Smackdown game freezing at the menu screen I expect, since I guess I really do need to change that elf file situation, but it gave me the same characters again, which is weird.

So no change yet.

PS: I do have Windows 7, so when I switched the renderer, the name was technically Direct3d 10 hardware. I assumed your description of "DX 10" was just the short version of the same thing, but I should make sure- is there an actual renderer setting specifically called DX 10? Because if so it's not an available choice.

Also, I have never ripped any of my games with Image Burn, but I wouldn't be against giving it a shot if it turns out the other things won't work. Although my other games seem to work fine using DVD Decrypter. Wait a sec- isn't Image Burn the same program?
Yes DX10 was short for DirectX10. Don't know if the 2 programs have any relation but imgburn never fails at creating valid images for PCSX2 so I'd say give that a shot too.
If the game has specific problems, then maybe you'll want to use the latest 1888 beta of PCSX2 along with the latest March 11 plugin pack for some general fixes which *might* affect your issue. All available here: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
Edit: Also it seems you use Run->Execute to run the game, you should use File->Run CD/DVD usually
(04-29-2010, 02:45 PM)Bositman Wrote: Edit: Also it seems you use Run->Execute to run the game, you should use File->Run CD/DVD usually

It's the same right ? The only difference is if you use Run->Execute, it will start launching the bios, but if you use File->Run CD/DVD, it will directly read the game's image sectors. I say that's only for convenience unless if there are really the differences.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Yeah, Imgburn is basically the same program, taken over after development of DVD decrypter stopped. I just read that the main difference is that the former doesn't circumvent copy protection. But since you've had success, I'll try it after this.

Also, I always did start the game by doing Run-execute, you're correct. For some reason it didn't occur to me to do it through the file menu, so I'll just start doing that from now on.

I'll also look into the beta you recommend. Is the compatibility as good as the build I'm using?

Lastly, to give you a more in-depth explanation of the problem I'm having, it's this: The game, WWF Smackdown Shut Your Mouth, seems notorious for working fine until one presses start and gets to the menu screen. Rather than getting there, the screen will freeze although the sound and fps counter still run. I thought it was a unique issue to me until I searched and saw that many people have posted threads online, including on this site, reporting the same problem. Finally I found a Russian user who posted here (I think his name was in fact "Russian"), who briefly explained what he did and was able to get past this frozen menu issue. But it was hard to understand, and another user started a thread asking if anyone could translate Russian's instructions. Someone did, explaining that the issue with Smackdown SYM is that the patch needs to be modified. The instructions were to locate the game's patch in PCSX2's patch folder, make a copy of it, and then start the game, looking for the green line of code saying what the elf file / CRC characters are for the game. One is to then copy that set of characters and rename the game's patch with them. After translating these instructions in that thread, yet another user posted his success.

So, it seems like this IS the way to get past the frozen menu in the game, it just so happens that for whatever reason, my game lists the elf / CRC characters as THE SAME as the name of the game's patch, rather than a changed set of digits that other users are apparently able to get. It's this that is making me utterly confused, because it seems like once this hurdle is cleared, the game will work just fine.

In fact, the game is listed as playable in the compatibility list. So people ARE getting past this frozen menu, but for whatever reason I'm apparently not doing something right.

Anyway just wanted to explain specifically; I didn't know if it would maybe help. I'll try to find the thread tat gave all these instructions because that might help as well, I might be misreading it.

Ah yes, here we go, this is what I'm trying to do and cannot:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Help-requ...aps-solved