Smackdown: Shut your Mouth has weird aspect ratio
Sorry I missed the other links.

You can try to set the aspect ratio of gs window settings to 4:3 or 16:9 but normally this shouldn't change anything.

I have no idea why such a behavior can happen. Are you completely sure that the aspect ratio is different using the original ps2?
If yes you can only try different versions of pcsx2 and see if it was working at least once. If not you can look into the widescreen patch thread and ask for different aspect ratio's. Unfortunately one of the coders would need the game as well.

Sponsored links

(04-07-2015, 12:36 AM)willkuer Wrote: Sorry I missed the other links.

You can try to set the aspect ratio of gs window settings to 4:3 or 16:9 but normally this shouldn't change anything.

I have no idea why such a behavior can happen. Are you completely sure that the aspect ratio is different using the original ps2?
If yes you can only try different versions of pcsx2 and see if it was working at least once. If not you can look into the widescreen patch thread and ask for different aspect ratio's. Unfortunately one of the coders would need the game as well.
I tried using 1.0.0 (already had that in my Docs folder anyway), same issue. I did see someone else play this with 1.2.0 without the stretching so i seriously don't understand what's happening, but apparently somebody in the comment section had the same issue. Unfortunately since the video is a year old and not very popular commenting for support wouldn't do me any good. Also, this game has no issues on PS2, since I mainly play it on there anyway. The only reason i use an emulator is to create characters with, having a Flash-less browser window with formulas open, so i can then save it and export it to my real MC using Ulaunchelf and MyMC. Looks like i'll have to create their moves either on hardware or with the weird aspect ratio.

Another FYI, Smackdown Here Comes the Pain does have a similar glitch where all the loading screens are stretched to the top half of the screen, but this is pretty insignificant and the actual game is more flawless than any other WWE game i've played (it even supports proper widescreen patches!) Since all WWE games look pretty damn good on the original hardware even with blurry interlaced video (they use some sort of AA-ish technology), I'm not too sad. I'm just confused on why this issue is isolated to me and a select few other people.
maybe you can try zerogs as last chance. By this you could identify if the problem is in the gs plugin or the core since zerogs and gsdx seem to be quite different.

One can probably fix this issue with a 'widescreen-hack' so maybe worth to mention it in this thread and the compatibility list if you have time. Always good to collect problems officially so that they can be solved.
btw, what's the problem in software mode ? it seems fine to me. also, try using the development builds from here
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction