Smackdown: Shut your Mouth has weird aspect ratio
Whenever I'm in a match or creating a moveset, there's this weird black bar running across the bottom of the screen that stretches the image to the top 5/6 of the screen. This never occurs during any of the menus or the create a wrestler screen. While i think this game looks and runs fine on actual hardware (since it actually has some form of aa), I use the emulator to create all my wrestlers and movesets so i can have a browser window open with the formula (parts list) right there, but this stupid distortion of the aspect ratio is (to me) almost game breaking since I can't tell what the hell i'm doing. Is there a fix, and does anybody know of one?
BTW, other than this issue the game looks and runs fine with the exception of slightly broken HUDs (not an issue since I'm such a master at this game Biggrin).

Sponsored links

(04-06-2015, 09:58 PM)ryn0 Wrote: Whenever I'm in a match or creating a moveset, there's this weird black bar running across the bottom of the screen that stretches the image to the top 5/6 of the screen. This never occurs during any of the menus or the create a wrestler screen. While i think this game looks and runs fine on actual hardware (since it actually has some form of aa), I use the emulator to create all my wrestlers and movesets so i can have a browser window open with the formula (parts list) right there, but this stupid distortion of the aspect ratio is (to me) almost game breaking since I can't tell what the hell i'm doing. Is there a fix, and does anybody know of one?
BTW, other than this issue the game looks and runs fine with the exception of slightly broken HUDs (not an issue since I'm such a master at this game Biggrin).

Pics or it doesn't happen

We need specs, settings, etc.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
SPECS:
Intel Pentium G3220 3.0 GHZ
Nvidia GTX 650 Ti 1 GB
8 GB Ram

Bear with the noob (me), but do i simply attach the pics, and if not how do i make them directly show up in the post?
Use a pic sharing site such as WWW.noelshack.com
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Here's a few screenshots:

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot (13).png (Size: 1,69 MB / Downloads: 550)
(04-06-2015, 10:33 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Use a pic sharing site such as WWW.noelshack.com

Since you posted that right after the previous screenshot, here's the real problem (meant to attach this as well)

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-15-1428352...il-sym.png
For HUD's you can try pressing F9.

For the aspect ratio please screenshot all emulation settings tabs and gsdx plugin configuration.
Since the site you linked to isn't working for some strange reason, here's my configs on Imgur:
Core settings-
http://imgur.com/xpfsOn9,8AnVBk1,4jxxNvd...,GLBVIXl#0

GSDX11 Settings:
http://imgur.com/AbkV29A

Hardware hacks:
Alpha and alpha stencil (fixes flickering shadows in all WWE games)

EDIT: I pressed f9 (i'm guessing that toggles software mode judging from the down-toned graphics), which fixed the menus and partially fixed the HUD, but now it's like this:
http://imgur.com/Hp1d4Ws
But still, the aspect ratio is still weird. BTW, i saw somebody recently play this game on youtube with this emulator perfectly smooth with no weird stretching (but he was using 4:3 ratio, which still didn't have that bottom black bar)
Please check if the problem persists in native resolution.

Pleas show other tabs in emulation settings as well.

Please show the full emulog after you observed the problem.
All the "Emulation Tab" Settings are in the corresponding link i posted you (top of image shows links to other images)
Using native doesn't fix anything (though software mode fixes menu issues while still maintaining 60fps)
Log is linked below (FYI the rom is an iso of my legal copy.)
This whole issue is strange since literally every other WWE game on PS2 works perfectly without giving me this error, but of course the best game has to be the most problematic. :\

Attached Files
.txt   log_sd-sym.txt (Size: 3,12 KB / Downloads: 233)