Small Question!
So after a couple of months I decided to play FFX-2 again and to my sudden surprise the vids of FFX-2 are running around 55 to 58 fps instead of 42 fps before I went to DDR3. Also perhaps cause I'm using PCSX 2 1.1.0??

It's so weird that there is such a huge difference in FPS between DDR 2 and 3 o.o

Sponsored links

(01-06-2013, 07:29 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: So after a couple of months I decided to play FFX-2 again and to my sudden surprise the vids of FFX-2 are running around 55 to 58 fps instead of 42 fps before I went to DDR3. Also perhaps cause I'm using PCSX 2 1.1.0??

It's so weird that there is such a huge difference in FPS between DDR 2 and 3 o.o

hmmm, yes, mainly if a low end DDR2 vs a high end DDR3 Smile

Still is more probably due to a series of factors instead one isolated, I did not do comparisons but maybe PCSX2 is running the vids better also. Were the memories the only thing replaced/changed?
Imagination is where we are truly real
The starting Video was 55-58, where the music still kinda lags and the cutscenes that sometimes happen aswell. I went from DDR2-1066 to DDR3-1600 and I've got a SSD, but that's for windows only. Haven't really gotten that far yet, but I thought hey I've got a new motherboard and new memory let's see if Memory does makes a difference and it seems this is indeed true.
This is interesting! I recently ordered a new processor because some of the games I was running were bottle-necking and the fps were starting to plummet, but considering that I'm still using DDR2 myself, this gives me something new to look into. I mean, my old bargain bin AMD Athlon X2 dual-core was overdue for an upgrade so I'm sure it will help, but I guess it would only make sense that faster RAM would improve things as well...couldn't tell you what or why specifically, though Tongue
well the reason why I ask is, I was talking about it in some posts if memory should give you a slight FPS boost or not and most folks were quite sure it wouldn't but I did notice some fps gain, and now with this hardware it runs nearly perfect in the FMVs of FFX-2 which are currently being used as a benchmark.
Changing memory technology will probably make a bigger difference than just getting some slightly faster ram i suspect. But there is a lot of data moving about so it could benefit from faster memory sureSmile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

well I'm quite happy, that with an AMD that I'm almost there with Perfect FMV on FFX-2, besides the fact you still need to run the vids in Software (DX11) but it still runs around 55-58 ^^