Small problem
Ok first off here are my specs

P4 dual core 2ghz (4ghz)
2gb Ram
Nvidia 7300se/ 7200gs 512mb

and my current Pcsx2 9.6 plugins

Graphics: GDsx9 11.4 (windowed, Shader 3.0, native, lagaritmic Z, alpha correction)
P.E.op.S SPU2 1.90 (default)
linoz ISO 0.8.0
everything else is default

Now I am trying to play tales of the abyss, It runs very choppy and slows to a crawl in large areas (mainly once I leave Luke's bedroom) If i change the sound plugin to Zerospu2 things seem to run smooth but the audio cuts fades in and out. It still crawls once I leave the bedroom even with speed hack X3 and the optional boxes ticked.

I read on this board that someone had tales of abyss running perfectly with GDsx 1.15 but when I try that it asks me to update directX than crashes. Can anyone offer support

Oh well, I will play Tales of vesperia while I wait X3

Sponsored links

Some things to note... Your dual core is 2ghz, not 4ghz. 2 processors doesn't mean double the clockrate. That said, that means your processor is a little on the slow side (hence the slow downs). You can update to the latest beta (1474) and you might get some extra speed from that but I doubt you'll be able to push that system to give you full speed.
(07-27-2009, 05:02 AM)Koji Wrote: Some things to note... Your dual core is 2ghz, not 4ghz. 2 processors doesn't mean double the clockrate. That said, that means your processor is a little on the slow side (hence the slow downs). You can update to the latest beta (1474) and you might get some extra speed from that but I doubt you'll be able to push that system to give you full speed.

wait I have a 4ghz dual core each core is 2ghz I said 2ghz cause some people would interprate that as 2x2ghz. But you have seen it as 2x1ghz. If i had only a 2ghz processor I wouldn't be about to run fallout 3 and cod:waw as smothly as I can.
Dual cores don't work that way.

Fallout 3 doesn't need a super powerful processor, it's way more GPU dependent.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
As a side note, that's a P4 HT not a real dual core. It's one core, but it can do two things at once (like a real dual core).
Also, with a real dual core, or even triple and quad cores, if the cpu clock rate is something like 3ghz, it means that each core is effectively 3ghz (and no, you don't add them up). In other words, if you have a core 2 duo rated at 3ghz, it is the same as having 2 cpu's rated at 3ghz. That's why multi-cores are generally hotter than single core.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!