Snow Leopard 0.9.6 window issue
I've been having several problems with getting PCSX2Mac to work, and after many hours of google searching and the like, I have fortunately been able to solve them... well, *most* of them. Originally, the issue was that it was simply bouncing around all day in my dock never opening. I fixed that by simply changing the permissions, so all was well and good.

Now, my issue at hand currently is... well, where's the GUI? I'm using the Snow Leopard version in case it's not yet apparent, and I'm just wondering what needs to be done to solve my current problem. I've spent the last three days trying everything, reading through forums, searching things up, re-installing about 5 times, yet I hit this very wall each time.

In summary, here's the problem: PCSX2 loads, appears in the dock with a nice blue light underneath it. So far so good right? Normally it should take about... I dunno, 10 seconds to bring up the PCSX2 menu, HOWEVER, the PCSX2 menu never shows up, thus making it impossible to do anything else. I've been told that it takes a while for PCSX2 to load for the first time, but I'm beginning to feel that (after an hour) this isn't the problem in my case.

Anyone got any ideas? Help would be much appreciated (you could potentially make my day)

Sponsored links

do you have xquartz/ x 11 running when you boot up? are you sure your dock isn't hiding the window with the "Hide" feature?

(08-22-2011, 01:29 PM)MarioFan3 Wrote: I've been having several problems with getting PCSX2Mac to work, and after many hours of google searching and the like, I have fortunately been able to solve them... well, *most* of them. Originally, the issue was that it was simply bouncing around all day in my dock never opening. I fixed that by simply changing the permissions, so all was well and good.

Now, my issue at hand currently is... well, where's the GUI? I'm using the Snow Leopard version in case it's not yet apparent, and I'm just wondering what needs to be done to solve my current problem. I've spent the last three days trying everything, reading through forums, searching things up, re-installing about 5 times, yet I hit this very wall each time.

In summary, here's the problem: PCSX2 loads, appears in the dock with a nice blue light underneath it. So far so good right? Normally it should take about... I dunno, 10 seconds to bring up the PCSX2 menu, HOWEVER, the PCSX2 menu never shows up, thus making it impossible to do anything else. I've been told that it takes a while for PCSX2 to load for the first time, but I'm beginning to feel that (after an hour) this isn't the problem in my case.

Anyone got any ideas? Help would be much appreciated (you could potentially make my day)

Where did you change the permissions? thats exactly happening to me, its just keeps bouncing and won't open.
Thanks for the replies guys, didn't think anyone would answer so quickly! Ok, so I've installed the latest XQuartz anyways (even though it says you don't need it for the Snow Leopard version but just in case that might be the issue at hand y'know) and... VIOLA! It works! Damn, such a simple fix, thanks Qwell! I'll go test it now to see if I've any other issues... heheh, be back soon. Laugh

@froglenn: Follow the instructions here:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/archive/index.ph...12587.html
I believe that should solve your problem. Smile

Omg Thankss Laugh, that solved my problem thank you.

Regards.
No problem mang. a word of advice, always update your X11 packages, as I was running 2.3.6 X11, then updated to 2.6.3 XQuartz and the whole of PCSX2 ran smoother for every game. so it pays to stay up to date on all drivers, programs, plugins and hardware.
I had the same problem, but i used spotlight, found XQuartz, and launched it first, then psx2. After that, I am able to launch psx2, and the new X server starts with it!
Hope this helps someone else, as well.
i think it depends on your version of snow leopard you bought your mac with. Newer version have a more up to date x11 while older ones even when updated run an older x11. But honestly, having everything related to pcsx2 the most up to date possible will give the best performance as they use newer codes. Lion with the newest xquartz versions gives a very substantial increase to performance.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram