Snow overlay making Chrome status bar flickering
The issue seems to be related only with Chrome and possibly by some particularity in my system or configuration.

I could not find a pattern for the flickering, it's erratic, sometimes very frequent and sometimes with random pauses in between the status bar activation.

While writing I got the idea of disabling the SLI, I need to close the browser to do it, reporting back soon.

Edit: Disabling SLI did not solve. Java console reported nothing beyond an unsafe javascript attempt coming from googleads (what is not unexpected and would not explain the flicker).

Lets try disabling some extensions... No changes.

I'm lost here, I can't find what may be causing the issue from my side.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

we had a "smaller" version of snow which was fine to all browsers where is it ?
(12-08-2012, 03:42 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The issue seems to be related only with Chrome and possibly by some particularity in my system or configuration.

I could not find a pattern for the flickering, it's erratic, sometimes very frequent and sometimes with random pauses in between the status bar activation.

While writing I got the idea of disabling the SLI, I need to close the browser to do it, reporting back soon.

OK are you referring to site snow or forum snow? Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-08-2012, 03:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: OK are you referring to site snow or forum snow? Tongue

Uh, you got me Smile it's the forum's snow, let's verify the main site.

Edit: no issues in the main site, seems to be related with the forum pages.

Just for clearness sake, it is like passing the mouse cursor over a link (what makes the status bar to activate) but it is too fast so I can't read anything there, in common is the line is long as activated by a long link. Maybe "blinking" defines better what happens.
Strange, I keep testing it here with a portable chrome installation and it's fine..even IE is fine Tongue

Edit: I saw it now, it's like for a microsecond...no idea what is causing it, but it's Chrome and not the script. I used the same one last year and no one had that problem (or at least no one reported it...)
There you go, solution: Don't use chrome for 1 month Tongue It'll be gone after xmas.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-08-2012, 04:10 PM)Bositman Wrote: Strange, I keep testing it here with a portable chrome installation and it's fine..even IE is fine Tongue

Edit: I saw it now, it's like for a microsecond...no idea what is causing it, but it's Chrome and not the script. I used the same one last year and no one had that problem (or at least no one reported it...)

I do believe is something related with Chrome indeed, and possibly maybe something caused by some particular configuration/extension/security programs.

Till someone else reporting same issue is hard to tell where the problem comes. but it's annoying enough to force me using Firefox, Chrome is only on "testing drive" and testing anyway.

PS (before ever sending the first time Smile _ ... I got a connection error so I verified the thread evolution before sending this one... you did read my thoughts, refration Smile
Bad news, it occurs in Firefox also, although happened only few times and with long whiles. Besides I could notice the issue in firefox only while having the edit window open and even then I'm unable to reproduce the issue at this very time writing this text.

At least in Firefox it is bearable Smile and is probably something at my end. The only other thing I imagine could make a difference is I'm on Win8 (although not really believing that's the problem).
firefox hasn't done it at all on my end.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Did you have chrome open? It happened here, seems the flicker passed from the chrome window to FF or something 0_o