Snowblind Studious 4gb patch
(02-21-2015, 10:04 PM)skullknight10 Wrote: What is slow about my PC? CPU is stock 3.4GHz but OC'd to 3.8GHz. I have zero issues running games like Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on high settings. So how could I not play an old PS2 game?

Because PS2 emulation is more demanding than any PC game you can name, and you can't compare them.

And the snowblind engine games are the most demanding PS2 games to emulate, bar none.

And your CPU is older and has low single threaded performance.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Alright alright I wasn't doubting you guys jeez. I am new to emulators and was curious as to why my PC was too slow to play it. Thank you for the help.
(02-21-2015, 10:16 PM)skullknight10 Wrote: Alright alright I wasn't doubting you guys jeez. I am new to emulators and was curious as to why my PC was too slow to play it. Thank you for the help.

The easiest explanation is that to emulate any given CPU, you need a CPU orders of magnitude more powerful(say 5-10x). The PS2 has at least 4 such components that need to be emulated and synced, which makes it EXTREMELY demanding.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Heck I still get massive slowdowns as low as 20fps on an i5 3570k oced to 4ghz so yeah not even the best of systems can fully handle these games. I said you would get better FPS if you followed my advice of disabled Widescreen hacks and zooming the camera all the way in with the right stick since it cuts back on stuff being on screen which helps to increase FPS.

You can also try putting both EE and VU speed hacks to 1 notch each and seeing if that helps any. MTVU neither helps nor hinders the Snowblind engine games I noticed
(02-21-2015, 10:16 PM)skullknight10 Wrote: Alright alright I wasn't doubting you guys jeez. I am new to emulators and was curious as to why my PC was too slow to play it. Thank you for the help.
you could start providing the EE and GS values during slowdowns to check whether it's your hardware's limit or not.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(02-22-2015, 06:19 AM)ssakash Wrote: you could start providing the EE and GS values during slowdowns to check whether it's your hardware's limit or not.

It is a hardware limit. The snowblind games are the most demanding games to use in pcsx2. PERIOD
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
still, it's reasonable to take a look at the EE and GS values and confirm it for him.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction