Snowblind Studious 4gb patch
I'm trying to play Champions of Norrath. I know that Snowblind Studious games aren't too kind to pcsx2 but I was told a 4gb patch would fix this. I downloaded the patch but what do I do with it after that? What folder does it need to be in? Thanks!

Sponsored links

Run it and apply it to pcsx2.exe
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
What jesalvein said and you may want to turn off the widescreen patches when playing the snowblind engine games as I have found the games run better in 4:3 since its not loading as much as it would be in 16:9 andd zooming all the way helps as well to increase FPS for the same reason turning widescreen patches help. it cuts back on whats showing up on screen thus decreases the load on the emulator and thus increasing FPS
(02-21-2015, 07:05 PM)Topken Wrote: What jesalvein said and you may want to turn off the widescreen patches when playing the snowblind engine games as I have found the games run better in 4:3 since its not loading as much as it would be in 16:9 andd zooming all the way helps as well to increase FPS for the same reason turning widescreen patches help. it cuts back on whats showing up on screen thus decreases the load on the emulator and thus increasing FPS

How do I go about doing that? Still getting low 30's for FPS after the patch. I wonder if my settings are wrong.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom II x4 965
16GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Playing the game from ISO. Playing version 1.2.1 for PCSX2. Have it running as Direct3D11 Software mode. Speedhacks EE and VU are on 3. Trying to play Champions - Return to Arms and Champions of Norrath.
forget it. your pc is too slow for a game like Champions of norath
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
oh, I see.
the 4Gb patch prevents the game from crashing.
but it won't bring you more FPS.

Your CPU won't be strong enough to play this game smoothly whatever you do.
Just play it on your PS2 for now.
(02-21-2015, 08:03 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: forget it. your pc is too slow for a game like Champions of norath

What is slow about my PC? CPU is stock 3.4GHz but OC'd to 3.8GHz. I have zero issues running games like Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on high settings. So how could I not play an old PS2 game?
PC != Emulators

I also don't believe that you're running advanced warfare at high, since my gpu is slightly faster and I play it at low.

That cpu is also weak for something like emulation and entirely different platform
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]