So I have this laptop here...would Pcsx2 work?
This laptop is quite alright
According to canyourunit.com, it would be perfectly capable of running Crysis on reccomended settings, if it weren´t for the craptacular video card.

You Have: Mobile Intel® 45 Express Chipset Family, it tells me.

The machine has 4 gigs of ram,
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz for the CPU

I am well aware that the video card is no good, but would the games I´m looking to play on Pcsx2 be playable?

I´m mostly looking to play Shin Megami Tensei games, that would include Personas 3&4, Nocturne, Devil Summoner 1&2 and Digital Devil Saga 1&2

The games aren´t that intensive graphically, but I´ve learned so far that emulating the Ps2 isn´t easy, and it takes way more horsepower than you´d imagine.

I am totally willing to play on the lowest resolution, and I have no problem tolerating lag, I just wish that the games would be playable.

I just thought I´d check here first, before going through all the trouble of finding and learning tutorials for ripping the BIOS and the games. Asking first made a little more sense. Unsure

Sponsored links

The CPU looks quite weak. PS2 emulation needs a good CPU, rather than a good graphics card.
Your CPU is moderate,but the GPU it's looks like it's a built-in GPU thus it's weak to run it.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Ryongster: Graphics card is less important, but STILL important. There are quite a few games where a bad GPU can limit your gameplay a lot. Just in my collection alone, dot hack//GU comes instantly to mind as do certain "shiny" monsters in the persona games (easily noticable with the shiny rare hand monsters)
[Image: 2748844.png]
it's possible. I use the emu on a worse lap and it works fine. in fact, what holds me up is the cpu, not the gpu (at least in the MegaTen games) use the latest betas, use speed hacks, use 512 x 512 resolution Dx9 (because Dx10 doesn't work on these gpu's) and you are good to go =) (of course, it won't be fullspeed, but it will be playable)
oh yeah... the goddamned shining enemies, try to avoid them as much as possible ¬¬. they are the golden enemies in tartarus and in the last block of the same
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
the chipset isnt the GPU
i use the same chipset (PM 45)

download GPU-Z to check wich GPU you have, if possible post a screenshot of the data there
[Image: 1454055.png]
(08-23-2009, 07:29 PM)ChronicNL Wrote: the chipset isnt the GPU
i use the same chipset (PM 45)

download GPU-Z to check wich GPU you have, if possible post a screenshot of the data there

Here ya go:

[Image: 45198786.jpg]

And marche, the golden enemies run away from you anyway in Tartarus, don´t they? Tongue, won´t be much of a problem to not fight them.
actually, it is the same video card that I have, so it settles it lol
well yeah.... but some bosses shine, now that I remember it..... urgh... ¬¬' so if you fight one of those expect to be using savestates if you have something to do
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
then i cant help you either, i dont think overclocking it will help much or is even possible, you can try with rivatuner tho
[Image: 1454055.png]