So any one try Pcx2 on the PS3.....streaming i mean
just today i managed to install linux 6.0 (6.1 has some bugs with the internet for ps3) and with it i managed to stream Pcx2 to my ps3.

its pretty cool because now i have the ability to use the sixaxis with the emulator(im on a 64bit vista so i can't use sixaxis on the pc) and i get to see the image on the big screen (note that graphically quality is reduced somewhat)

ill post more info later if you guys want but right now im going to sleep lol

oh yeah the website that has the streaming stuff it, http://www.streammygame.com/smg/index.php

Sponsored links

Linux on PS3 have different architecture then usual linux on PC. You can`t run Pcsx2 on PS3.
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64
(02-06-2009, 05:26 AM)Summoner Wrote: Linux on PS3 have different architecture then usual linux on PC. You can`t run Pcsx2 on PS3.

lol of course i can't do that

want im doing is my laptop is processing the data then streaming the picture and sound to the PS3. I know that it works since i already tried it out today(played kingdom hearts) , ill post up pics, tomorrow, if you guys don't believe me.
that sounds cool but it almost sounds the same as using ur tv as a monitor (tv output, blah)

but since ur actually doing it on ur ps3, do you get to use the ps3 controllers, its HD, etc?
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@800Mhz | NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB | Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Chipset | XP Pro SP3 | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 15.5s
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@665MHz | 2xSLI NVIDIA GeForceGo 7950GTX 512MB | XP Pro SP3 | Alienware Laptop | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 23s
(02-06-2009, 06:35 AM)tabasket Wrote: that sounds cool but it almost sounds the same as using ur tv as a monitor (tv output, blah)

but since ur actually doing it on ur ps3, do you get to use the ps3 controllers, its HD, etc?

yah its pretty much using your tv as a output but with out a wire
you can use the ps3 controller but inorder to play in HD, you have to pay money >_>
(02-06-2009, 06:35 AM)tabasket Wrote: that sounds cool but it almost sounds the same as using ur tv as a monitor (tv output, blah)

sounds interesting, but what is the difference between streaming to the ps3 and just connect your laptop to the tv / sound system?
all your answers are here: http://streammygame.com/
it works fine with pcsx2 too Smile
not entirely sure how that works, but theoretically its possible to have lan play using that?

i.e. 2 people on different PCs playing the same game as "player #1" and "player #2".
Hey can someone help me please...I have managed to stream PCSX2 using stream my game software and I can play a lot of PC games on my PS3 (Battlefield 2142, CNC generals, tiberium wars even Crysis Laugh) using my SIXAXIS controler. But when I try to play ps2 roms in PCSX2 I cant use my PS3 controller because I cant configure it under controllers in PCSX2. Have somebody managed to do that?
You can use your PS3 controller on a 64-bit windows OS.

See my thread here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7582.html

I use my PS3 controller on both 64bit Vista and 64bit Win7
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.