So, how close are we to 1.0?
It's amazing how people react with releases.

We used to NOT provide any kind of SVN nightly builds and only betas at some intervals. People complained that they wanted nightly SVN builds

Now that we do provide nightly SVN builds people complain that a release will be the same as the build they use, thus...not exciting? Quick solution: Don't use nightly builds and wait 2000 revisions until the release is made, it will be exciting again for you Tongue

I swear people are never content with what they get.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Its because its given freely that its value gets depreciated, when some one pays for something they exchange some of there earned energy, which then gives that thing more value to them.
Pcsx2 is free so people ***** and moan, because they haven't given for it Smile
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
If people complain about how little the difference will be between the latest SVN and the 1.0.0 release, compare it to the earlier days and think just how much this great piece of software has developed.
Or, people should just be grateful that there is a working PS2 EMULATOR in this world...
think back, how can we play ps2 games in hd clarity+nice sound+many controller choices and etc that a real ps2 did not offer? Happy
Not to go too off topic but im totally amazed that i can play my ps2 games on my Pc in HD, something not even my Ps2 could do Smile
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
It's not a complain, there is no word to describe the excitement everytime we recieve a new a SVN and, me personally, how greatful I am but, as in all projects around, there should be an obvious distinction between SVNs and Major releases otherwise this defeats the whole idea of even making the effort of releasing one, it can be ok on the SVN catalog nobody is going to complain, we never did either way. It doesnt have to be something big as you said but it has to be something that makes sense why it was worth a release like from a rewrite of a plugin or a major cleanup or even a pack of extra languages which the latter sounds pretty simple yet worth it.
Since 0.98, there's MTVU, and quite a significant compatibility improvement, not to mention many other smaller changes. That alone is good for a release. Every project has it's own release practice, and now is a good time for a 1.0 release. Compatibility is good, speed is good, PCSX2 is stable, etc.

SVN builds serve us for testing and feedback, and are not generally aimed at public consumption. Releases are a baseline for the majority of users and for compatibility tests. It doesn't have to be very different from SVN. On the contrary, the SVN builds are the road to the release...
(07-11-2012, 11:10 PM)avih Wrote: Since 0.98, there's MTVU, and quite a significant compatibility improvement, not to mention many other smaller changes. That enough is good for a release. Every project has it's own release practice, and now is a good time for a 1.0 release. Compatibility is good, speed is good, PCSX2 is stable, etc.

SVN builds serve us for testing and feedback, and are not generally aimed at public consumption. Releases are a baseline for the majority of users and for compatibility tests. It doesn't have to be very different from SVN, on the contrary, the SVN releases are the road to the release...

Personally, I'm really surprised, being a non-coder (more of a hardware kind of guy) at how quickly you manage to release these SVN's.

A few years ago, I remember, it would be months, maybe a year before any news of a new build.. or conversely, it would be for Mac or Linux.

Now, I see an SVN build every 3 days AT MOST. That's fantastic work right there.

It makes me wonder when this whole shabang will be officially over. Will I look back in 2015 and say "Wow, that PCSX2 project sure had a nice run"?

Also, does anyone, and I mean ANYONE consider doing a PS3 emulator.. or is it going to end with PS2?
The Svn builds are a treat, in the past they where only available to those that compiled(usually devs) them and testers. When you consider the latest official release and the latest svn they are miles apart in performance, Remember also that a lot of people are still using the official builds, so when 1.0 comes out, it will blow them away. Plus how can the New official release be different to the latest svns? as the svn`s represent the linear evolution of development, allowing numerous testers to try out each version and bug report.
If your not happy with it just use the official builds, and wait a year or so for the next official build, it will blow you away then im sure Smile
Msi GF-62VR