So it seems like that to me
First a game should be compatible and then the hardware matters.
I have a 4.4Ghz E8400 but it is worthless on one of my favorite games Valkyrie Profile 2 as this one doesn't work in PCSX2 at all. Why? Because the game probably doesn't recognize PCSX2 as a real PS2 or uses functions not fully supported by PCSX2 yet.

It is damn hard to code a PS2 emulator and I can tell without ever coding one. But I have a different source for my knowledge. As I own a PAL PS3 60GB with PS2 software emulator since release. At first that emulator on the PS3 was pretty bad and in some Games much worse than PCSX2. But now after 1.5 years and lots of Firmwares the emulator runs flawlessly though the graphics can't compare with PCSX2 (at least it's better than on PS2). Anyway my point is that even the Sony guys had problems writing an emulator and they should know the PS2 very well. The PS2 itself is not the issue but the games themselves.

"Every game works different and uses many different special functions provided by the PS2 hardware" was a statement by Sony officials last year concerning the PS2 emulator on the PS3. But Sony programmers get paid every month while PCSX2 coders do it for free in their free time. The Sony programmers checked the issues for most games and solved them while PCSX2 coders just don't have the time to do that. So far I am happy as most I games I need PCSX2 for run quite well.

Sponsored links