So it seems like that to me
Tongue 
After reading many posts and other good advices from this forum, seeing few screens from other users of pcsx2 and comparing all this with my experience case looks that way to me: hardware is not so important as i thought before because in most of the games, even if u can run it, u can't get more than 10 fps, doesn't matter if u try to run them on old Athlon 64 or new i7, so it's clear that problem is not hardware but pcsx2 itself. Same thing about graphics cards - doesn't change much if u got something like Radeon 9800 or GeForce 8800 or better. I'm only curious now what is more problematic - pcsx2 or plugins to it?

Sponsored links

Did you read http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2602-post-12862.html ?
Pretty good speeds on a high-end system (E8400 and/or overclocking).

As far the graphic card goes, most games indeed do not care much about it. There are exceptions, though.
(12-24-2008, 01:23 AM)Nneeve Wrote: Did you read http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2602-post-12862.html ?
Pretty good speeds on a high-end system (E8400 and/or overclocking).

As far the graphic card goes, most games indeed do not care much about it. There are exceptions, though.

Dude, that's my point, i haven't said ALL games, some can reach 40 fps for a moment, some - with simple graphics - can probably run all the time with standard PS2 speed, but MOST of the games run slow on all systems and configurations. I've tried by myself only GT3 and GT4, because i'm most interested in playing this two, and both reach about 90 fps in menus and 10-20 fps during the races but it's not enough to play. I've tried on 2 configurations and on both is exactly the same.
In other words you're making a completely ludicrous assumption based on the two Excl games you've tried on the emulator. After reading your posts & some brief contemplation I've came to the conclusion that you're a complete & utter moron.
Not that I'm complaining, it's always amusing when someone decides to show off their ignorance & stupidity in public Wink
[Image: 527772.png]
@veeeight
I think that your rig is bit weak for pcsx2. Now if it can makes you feel better, make the fake assumptions you want.
veeeight:
I can play all my games at fullspeed, yea, it's really just your hardware.
All morons from this forum have said something dumb that i'm not even interested in reading it, have made total idiots from themselfs (probably again), but no single word from any human about GT3 and GT4 again. This post was intended to check my experience with PEOPLE (this word seems extremely important in here, i'm not interested in very low-level discussions with baboons), and last info for baboons - check my first hardware in System Specs.
Looks like one of the baboons who replied actually coded the thing.
So a kind suggestion: If you think it's so easy to code a PS2 emulator to work on 2 year old PCs perfectly,then by all means do it.The source is there,go code it.Oh and remember,you won't get payed for it and on top of that you have people who whine like 10 year olds when they can't get their games to work.
Can't do it? Then kindly stop complaining and be glad some people dedicated their free time for so many years just so people like you can play their PS2 games on their PCs.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-24-2008, 08:27 PM)veeeight Wrote: All morons from this forum have said something dumb that i'm not even interested in reading it, have made total idiots from themselfs (probably again), but no single word from any human about GT3 and GT4 again. This post was intended to check my experience with PEOPLE (this word seems extremely important in here, i'm not interested in very low-level discussions with baboons), and last info for baboons - check my first hardware in System Specs.

Coming on here and calling people morons when maybe they know better is a bit harsh. There are also posts about how the PCSX2 works, and why some games run slow, if not at all.

If your also using linux as your sig suggests try using Vista, vista has DX10 and can handle tasks open GL and or DX9 can't (Thanks for echosierra for the info).

Now check my system specs, and i still get FPS drops in kindom hearts, sometimes 1/2 the speed because my power isnt good enough.

Drop it dude.

PS:
Quote:Oh and remember,you won't get payed for it and on top of that you have people who whine like 10 year olds when they can't get their games to work.

I thank you Bositman and whoever else made it and the PG team, in fact everyone! And if you guys were working for me, it'd be at minimum wage at least... Maybe less
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram
(12-24-2008, 08:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: Looks like one of the baboons who replied actually coded the thing.
So a kind suggestion: If you think it's so easy to code a PS2 emulator to work on 2 year old PCs perfectly,then by all means do it.The source is there,go code it.Oh and remember,you won't get payed for it and on top of that you have people who whine like 10 year olds when they can't get their games to work.
Can't do it? Then kindly stop complaining and be glad some people dedicated their free time for so many years just so people like you can play their PS2 games on their PCs.

Someone try to hide behind few people that wrote in compatibility section that GT3 and Gt4 is NOT PLAYABLE at all on their program and i made it playable (both) with 10-20fps Blush