So many revisions; which one should I choose?
It seems like different authors are releasing new revisions on a daily basis. I'm having a hard time choosing which one is the best. I know people say usually the newest ones are the best, but FFX is not running as good as it did on the revision before. I need something that will run FFX smooth all the way through. Like 58-60 fps constant.

My setup

Windows 7 Home Premium
8198 MB Ram
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor
3.998 GHZ (6 logical threads)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

I've set the preset to Balanced.

http://i42.tinypic.com/90x75f.jpg

Sponsored links

Get the latest SVN, enable the MTVU speed hack, tick up EE cycle rate to 2 and set all of the compilers to extra+ preserve sign or full.

That will get you errorless gameplay, and it should be more or less 60FPS, with my CPU i get 60 FPS with the same set up at 4x scaling (can do 6x, but it slows down when casting/summoning certain things)

Also, i believe this is one of those few games you can crank of the speed hacks for EE cycle rate up to 3 without any impact.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
SVN are a work in progress.
That's why you may find some where a highly compatible game like FFX will even run worse every now and again. You ever heard of "trial and error"? Well, that was an error. Tongue

That particular game has been quite compatible for a long time. Tried any stable builds?
So thats the reason people are not told of SVN at start. You should always try PCSX2 0.9.8. because that's the last officially realesed stable package.

SVN sometimes fix some games or might break others. I personally look at the commit log. If SPU2-X or GSDX or if any new feature is/are implemented/improved. Then i download it and use it such as implemetation of FXAA feature.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
actually before the SW optimization my latest SVN was r4966 ( which offer MTVU ) !

only download those which offer a heck of a change Biggrin
@Rezard: What are some stable builds?

@Hellbringer: I will try those settings.

@Recoder: Maybe I should try the official release then.

Regardless, I'll let you guys know how things are doing once I test the official and rev out.
@adbo123: Easier to say "Download the latest" then finding a specific SVN, at least for me Tongue

@OP: Lemme know how the settings work, With your PC there isn't any reason you can't get full speed 100% of the time.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Well, I tried your settings hellbringer. Your settings work fine without streaming. I'm a streamer, and everytime I use XSplit to go live my fps drop like 6 or 7 frames in certain area's of the game. Doesn't make sense. It shouldn't be bogging down my cpu like that.
that's the fun part of PCSX2 Wink it's very CPU Intensive, more then u think Smile and it's also quite wellknown if u record a game offline OR online, you should get always a slight FPS Loss Smile
reminisce2905 Wrote:@Rezard: What are some stable builds?

Last Stable Build : PCSX2 0.9.8

Anyways you should choose the one that has a problem fixed / feature added / things improved.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]