So will newer versions of pcsx2 be able to run games faster on slower systems?
Some games are heavily demanding of the GS plugin, some games the HW renderer is very buggy, but the last thing we'd suggest is trying to play games at full speed with anything below a midrange gpu, the category in which the 630M falls in to (but it's mobile so that makes sense).

The only thing you can do with your laptop is make sure the power plan is set to "high performance".
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(06-20-2013, 02:53 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: x3...only if FFX. For a bunch of my games they won't run very well in native.

I have no idea what you're saying, but, I have a better version of the 650M (2gb VRAM) and it runs everything almost flawlessly on 2x-3x depending on the game, I seldom have to go native.
Memory bandwidth is most important. Amount of VRAM is irrelevant. My 7850 has only 1 GB of VRAM yet it has 256 bit bandwidth and excellent architecture, and performs like a champ. hence, the 630M may not perform that well.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Hmmm, this was unknown to me, thank you for the info. Mine (630M) has 128-bit interface and 29 GB/s bandwidth and it is flawless on the PCSX2.
I can run pretty much any game on 2X rendering, and kingdom hearts on 3X.... except the in game MENU runs slowly there, and shadow of the colossus at native. But I have had 0 problems really with my 630M, other than the fact that I WOULD like to play on higher renderings.
Yes, menus seem to sometimes slow down on anything other than native, I have no idea why.
(06-20-2013, 05:58 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Seriously, that CPU is way bellow the minimal requisite to hope getting full speed in almost any PS2 emulated game.

I'm not sure you meant got the machine running demanding PC games or demanding PS2 emulated games. PC games makes sense because most of them are more demanding on the GPU than the CPU.

Now, achieving playable speed on PS2 games with a Pentiun-D would mean so many speedhacks and weird setups that hardly could be called good enough experience.
like i said i was introduced to PCSX2 when i got that laptop i didn't think about speed hacks the red words scared me :-/ i'm more used to it now
I was able to play kingdom hearts(both) and RE:chain of memories of course it was in high performance i figgled around with the GS enough for silent hill 3 to play at normal speed. It worked with hardware directx 10 native res. and no interlacing on ver. 0.9.8
(06-20-2013, 07:26 PM)ericks93Pcsx2 Wrote: like i said i was introduced to PCSX2 when i got that laptop i didn't think about speed hacks the red words scared me :-/ i'm more used to it now
I was able to play kingdom hearts(both) and RE:chain of memories of course it was in high performance i figgled around with the GS enough for silent hill 3 to play at normal speed. It worked with hardware directx 10 native res. and no interlacing on ver. 0.9.8

completely off topic.
thanks for not posting, next time.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-20-2013, 05:42 PM)joshsonic26 Wrote: I can run pretty much any game on 2X rendering, and kingdom hearts on 3X.... except the in game MENU runs slowly there, and shadow of the colossus at native. But I have had 0 problems really with my 630M, other than the fact that I WOULD like to play on higher renderings.
Check this out http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php...ce-gt-630m you card vs mine yours is better but your having difficulty whats your settings for emulation, GS (besides res.) and your power setting on your computer when you try to play? Also when i had windows 8 i had problems that may be it more specifically that annoying "PCSX2.exe has stopped working" in the middle of playing. switched to windows 7 nada problemo