Socom 2 Online LAN
Is it possible to play socom 2 online LAN via XLink Kai, with pcsx2?

If there is already a thread asking I apologise.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

I have an i7 3770k, 8GB 1600mhz DDR3 RAM, HD 7850 GPU so hardware shouldnt be an issue.
I am curious too...

I really want to play but I don't want to anger the old lady by purchasing ancient video game consoles.
(03-21-2014, 09:55 PM)cuddlefish Wrote: I am curious too...

I really want to play but I don't want to anger the old lady by purchasing ancient video game consoles.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-on-...#pid362451
stop asking support for downloaded games.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I have game disc and a PS2 that I can get the BIOS from(It just doesn't read discs). Making this "legal" correct? If so I will continue discussing in this topic.
(03-21-2014, 10:35 PM)cuddlefish Wrote: I have game disc and a PS2 that I can get the BIOS from(It just doesn't read discs). Making this "legal" correct? If so I will continue discussing in this topic.

Incorrect. Illegal.
<REDACTED>
delete the downloaded iso, make your own iso from your game disc, and it'll be fine.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-21-2014, 11:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: delete the downloaded iso, make your own iso from your game disc, and it'll be fine.

I deleted the downloaded file a while ago!!!!!!

Am I legal now?
If you deleted the downloaded iso and got the BIOS from your own ps2 then you are completely legal.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-21-2014, 11:16 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: If you deleted the downloaded iso and got the BIOS from your own ps2 then you are completely legal.

I am working on getting pcsx2 installed and the bios thing now. I assume I can continue to discuss in the this thread while I work on this? As long as I discuss with the intention of using the information legally?

So I have seen from several other forums that people have gotten socom 2 to "work" online with pcsx2 and xlink. They did mention having trouble with a mac address. They finally got through that issue by changing the mac address. They also mentioned using a Dev9 plugin. Anyhoo it sounds like people are getting into games like this but it is really laggy unless you only do a 1v1 game. Has anyone figured out this issue yet? This is all stuff from posts that were about 1 year old so I was hoping that someone might have made some headway on this.

Thanks