Software Mode + Increased IR = Possible in the future?
the new GSDX builds still work fine in epsxe.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

wait a sec that Resolution is not upscaling it's the "GS" window size older version of GSDX for PCSX2 had it AFAIK ....

i might be wrong though or that's what i thought when i saw it Tongue

Edit :

*seeing the "Internal resolution"

forget about what i said ...
Maybe increasing IR might be possible through a different method for software mode than what they're using for hardware mode.
Current System: Laptop (Acer Aspire V3-771G-9875)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz (Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.3GHz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB
RAM: 6GB
guys bottom line get a DX expert to do it or please Shut up we heard this Billion time Glare
We discussed it before and the conclusion (I think) was that it may be possible but it'd be a big coding job with no guarantee that it works.
Basically we need a new GS plugin altogether but we're kind of short of people like Gabest Tongue2
A software renderer could certainly render at a higher resolution than native BUT:

a) I said "a software renderer", not gsdx's software renderer necessarily. There may be deep incompatibilities with the concept.
b) Rendering at a higher resolution than native inherently introduces bugs into the rendering, this is fundamental to texture mapping GPUs. You cannot avoid this no matter what kind of renderer you use.
c) Scaling requires abstractions which can kill the benefits of a software renderer.
d) It would be really, really slow.

In short a bored person could attempt it but it is a futile exercise.
I Thinking It So

Hmmm..

Maybe It Worked?
Intel Core i3 330M 2,13GHz, Dual Core, 4 threads
ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB
4GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM
Windows 7 HP
AMD Athlon X2
(08-20-2012, 08:49 PM)abdo123 Wrote: guys bottom line get a DX expert to do it or please Shut up we heard this Billion time Glare

I laugh at people who would think twice (or 10x) about saying the stuff they say on the internet in person. Biggrin
Current System: Laptop (Acer Aspire V3-771G-9875)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz (Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.3GHz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB
RAM: 6GB
what do you mean Angry