Software Mode + Increased IR = Possible in the future?
Will it ever be possible to use software mode while increasing the IR? Software mode usually seems to display the game accurately but the resolution is horrible.
Current System: Laptop (Acer Aspire V3-771G-9875)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz (Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.3GHz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB
RAM: 6GB

Sponsored links

will never happen, because software mode doesnt use the gpu but the raw power of the cpu, thus it cannot be upscaled.

fxaa/aa etc is possible but no where near as good as 2x native but its better then nothing right?
Wouldn't be better to hope that hardware mode become more accurate than hoping IR to be possible in software mode?
Many bugs in hardware are simply caused by upscalling, even if you could scale software mode, those bugs would still exist;P. Soo even theoretically it doesn't have much sense to begin with.
(08-20-2012, 03:12 PM)vsub Wrote: Wouldn't be better to hope that hardware mode become more accurate than hoping IR to be possible in software mode?

totally with you ....

beside ALOT of bugs appear because of rendering stuffs at a res higher than it should be ....

so MAYBE the bug you're having in SW mode can be solved by ticking native in HW mode Wink
I guess so.
Current System: Laptop (Acer Aspire V3-771G-9875)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz (Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.3GHz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB
RAM: 6GB
Quote:will never happen, because software mode doesnt use the gpu but the raw power of the cpu, thus it cannot be upscaled.

Lets stop saying this.

Its not a matter of not being able to, its a matter of it hasn't been implemented to do so

After all, GSDX when used with a psx emulator does its output via software and DOES support internal resolution scaling
PSX emulation and PS2 emulation are like GREEN apples and RED ones -_-
That analogy doesn't work here.

The textures still end up being output via the gpu in the end so internally increasing their resolution is not impossible.
however i used GSDX with EPSXE worked great and flawlessly ! Smile ( you need an old ver the new ones lack the code that emulate PSX )

however the Plugin GUI didn't offer any option for upscaling ( not to mention no Frame limmiting ! )