Software Mode Problems With GTA VCS
hi lately i have been having bad fps drop with vice city stories in software mode direct3d11 i have tried so many tweaks to pcsx2 1.1.0 to get the game to run at 60 fps with no problems but it seems to make it worse. but when i try a different game i have no issues at all.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
theses are my specs
CPU: Intel Core i7 [email protected]
Motherboard:gigabyte Ga-x58a-ud5
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 460 SC 1GB
Memory: 8GB

the version i am useing
PCSX2 1.1.0-r5484

the game is grand theft auto vice city stories in a ISO format with default settings of pcsx2 with software mode enabled
how many extra software rendering threads do you have on GSDX? For your CPU it should be 3.

I also recommend overclocking that cpu if you can. I have my i7 920 running at 3.8Ghz, but a 3.4Ghz overclock should be a no brainer, literally change the bus speed to about 170 (i think), drop the memory speed down, turn off turbo boost and hyperthreading (which is useless for gaming anyway, just makes the cpu hotter) and off you go!

Edit: Just checked, it is 170mhz (multiplier x20)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

for me i dont see the need for overclocking my pc runs fine as it is. i put my software rendering threads at 16
If it runs fine, why opening a thread ?
If you don't accept advices, why seeking help ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
to fix the problem but if chose to overclock my i7 i will when im ready
The game is slow because your cpu isn't fast enough, it's not a case of being "fine". For PC gaming yes it is fast enough, for emulation, you need roughly a 3.4-3.6Ghz processor to run at reasonable speeds in a majority of games.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

what settings do i put to my motherboard for a 3.2GHz overclock with a thermaltake isgc-300
cpu cooler