Software mode anti aliasing?
Hello guys, I've got a couple of questions

1) The edge anti aliasing option in software mode does not seem to make any difference at all.

2) The Multi-Threaded microVU1 3+ core speed hack does not seem to have an impact on MGS3 or Black.

3) The mouse cursor becomes invisible after i launch the game making it difficult to use the pcsx2 emulator menu.

Many thanks.

Sponsored links

May be a hardware only thing.
1. Yeah
2. The 2 games must be GS limited, that is the GS thread CPU usage is higher than the EE thread.
3. Uncheck "Always hide mouse cursor"
1) If I remember correctly, the checkbox is akin to the texture filter option but only for OFF/AUTO. Having it enabled should allow the usage of the AA1 GS feature in games that use it. If the game doesn't use it, there would be no difference at all.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Quote:2. The 2 games must be GS limited, that is the GS thread CPU usage is higher than the EE thread.

Uh not at all. MTVU threads the VU1 unit, which is a co-processor to the EE, nothing to do with GS. So it gives speed boosts only when a game uses the VU1 unit a lot. Although AFAIK MGS3 is one of those games...maybe OP doesn't have a 3/4 core CPU
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Alright thanks a lot guys, but i still can't get the mouse cursor to be visible (I've already unchecked the "Always hide mouse cursor')