Software mode running slow on Skylake i7
OK, so I decided to spend some time on this. I have narrowed the problem down to a single revision:

v1.3.1-1416-gb6f78d8

If I use this version or any newer revision I get the bug. In testing all I've done is swap out the GSDx plugin, the rest of my files are from the latest git. I can consistently reproduce the issues by swapping between GSDx 1415 (no bug) and GSDx 1416 (bug). I've only tested AVX2.

What is really weird is that according to the release notes this revision does not seem to affect GSDX in any way yet the GSDx plugins created by the build bot are different sizes...

Sponsored links

IIRC revisions from 1416 on wards were compiled using VS2015, can you reproduce the issue at the following build ? https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/wj...ppVeyor.7z

It's the latest development build compiled using VS2013 (Appveyor)
(02-05-2016, 02:28 PM)ssakash Wrote: IIRC revisions from 1416 on wards were compiled using VS2015, can you reproduce the issue at the following build ? https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/wj...ppVeyor.7z

It's the latest development build compiled using VS2013 (Appveyor)

This one seems to be OK after brief testing.
yep the vs13 build seems to work correctly so it's vs15 messing it up. Updating to latest bios has no effect.
(02-08-2016, 10:47 PM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: yep the vs13 build seems to work correctly so it's vs15 messing it up.  Updating to latest bios has no effect.

Same here. I've now flashed the latest BIOS with the microcode update and there's no difference in performance compared to before with the latest git. Only way I can get affected games to run smoothly with software rendering is to use the VS2013 build provided earlier in the thread.
Hum, did an update 1 (2?) was released for VS2015? If yes, could someone test it. Maybe it is related to the fact that Microsoft said that only win10 could handle recent CPU.
Update 1 came out, been using it quite a while
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif?ex=65f40671&is=65e19171...551a681a&=]

(02-11-2016, 08:55 PM)gregory Wrote: Hum, did an update 1 (2?) was released for VS2015? If yes, could someone test it. Maybe it is related to the fact that Microsoft said that only win10 could handle recent CPU.

If I recall correctly, none of the devs have Skylake hardware in their machine right? 

Processor support shouldn't be an issue because only microarchitectures released after Sky Lake (Kaby Lake) are bound to Win 10.
From my point of view, real Skylake CPUs aren't released yet Wink

Yes CPU must work. But how could explain that Skylake + VS2015 sucks ball. Which OS do you have 10, or a lower version? Could depends of which OS does the build too, you know? What forbid Microsoft to screw up compilation build for old CPU/windows ? (you know those smart phone that get slower and slower every release).

GSdx multi threading relies on the C++11 standard lib. I hope the std lib isn't broken on Win/Skylake.
(02-11-2016, 10:43 PM)gregory Wrote: From my point of view, real Skylake CPUs aren't released yet Wink

Yes CPU must work. But how could explain that Skylake + VS2015 sucks ball. Which OS do you have 10, or a lower version? Could depends of which OS does the build too, you know? What forbid Microsoft to screw up compilation build for old CPU/windows ? (you know those smart phone that get slower and slower every release).

GSdx multi threading relies on the C++11 standard lib. I hope the std lib isn't broken on Win/Skylake.
I'm running Win10 Pro here on my Skylake PC (i5 6600k). I can also boot into Windows 8 from an external drive thanks to Win2Usb. Anything specific I should test?