Software mode too slow
My laptop specs:
i3 1005g1  1.2ghz  dual core processor  turbo 3.4ghz.
ram 4gb single channel 2666mhz.
Intel UHD g1 graphics (igpu)
no dedicated gpu
I used pcsx2 1.4 and 1.6
I have to run jackiechan adventures in software mode as hardware mode have lots of graphical glitches. It runs 70 to 80 percent speed. When there are no enemies and with less graphics it runs 100percent speed.
Also I ran mortal kombat shoalin monks which doesn't run in hardware mode due to bad gpu.
so mortal kombat gives only 80 to 90 percent speed.
Also god of war (runs good in hw mode) runs slow in sw mode.
In software mode it gives around 50 percent speed.
After tuning speed hacks there is improvement in performance.
My laptop passmark score is 2308.
My passmark score is higher than pcsx2 recommended passmark score which is 2100.
But still I have slow downs in software mode. I just wanted to know why.
I even tweeked rendering threads, mtvu.....
Is there any separate recommended specs for software mode? I am not able to find in google.

Sponsored links

I'm having the same problem that rubiks1729 is having. However, the game I'm trying to play is Sega Ages Virtual-On [SLPM-62767].
The game already runs at 100% speed (although everything is in black and white) in hardware rendering mode. In software rendering mode, however, I always get around 65-85% speed during the actual gameplay(when there's a lot of action), no matter what emulation settings I use. The only exception is when I'm in the game menu, where it actually does run at 100% speed. I already asked for a 60fps code a week ago in this thread, but I still haven't gotten a response back from anyone. And I can't find anything on Google about how to fix this issue either.

Here are my Desktop PC specs: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core Processor @3.7 GHz (Passmark Score:2,439)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
RAM: Corsair LPX 64GB (4x16) 3200MHz C16 DDR4 DRAM
GPU: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 580 ARMOR MK2 8G OC Graphics Card (Passmark Score: 8,749)
PCSX2 Build: 1.7.0 dev build 469 (most recent attempt)

Any assistance at all would be appreciated.
Not sure what you are expecting. Software rendering is slow because it runs on your CPU. CPU is slow at graphics tasks that's why GPUs exist.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

(10-19-2020, 11:25 PM)Kojin Wrote: Not sure what you are expecting. Software rendering is slow because it runs on your CPU. CPU is slow at graphics tasks that's why GPUs exist.

I agree with you.
But my question is why is there recommended specs?
I mean what is that for if it can't handle full speed with that specs?
Or that recommended specs is only for hw mode?
If I want to play in sw mode what is the recommended cpu?
Also does dual channel ram increases emulation speed in sw mode as the memory bandwidth increases?
I mean any faster computation in emulating pcsx2 ?
desktop is recommended.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Kojin Wrote:Not sure what you are expecting. Software rendering is slow because it runs on your CPU. CPU is slow at graphics tasks that's why GPUs exist.

I just want my game to run at full speed (or very close to it) is all. For that reason, what would be the absolute best CPU model/brand out there for software-rendering-only games? My first guess would be the Intel Core i9-10900KF since it has a (current) Single-thread Performance Passmark Score of 3,125 and an overclock speed of 5.3 GHz(Yikes!).
(11-07-2020, 02:34 AM)MakutaMaster962 Wrote: I just want my game to run at full speed (or very close to it) is all. For that reason, what would be the absolute best CPU model/brand out there for software-rendering-only games? My first guess would be the Intel Core i9-10900KF since it has a (current) Single-thread Performance Passmark Score of 3,125 and an overclock speed of 5.3 GHz(Yikes!).

AMD ryzen series are usually enough to do that
SeyedAli Wrote:AMD ryzen series are usually enough to do that

Are you talking about the most recent AMD Ryzen CPUs (the Ryzen 5000 Series) that were released just a few days ago? Or are you talking about an older Ryzen model?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core Processor @3.7 GHz (Passmark Score:2,439)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
RAM: Corsair LPX 64GB (4x16) 3200MHz C16 DDR4 DRAM
GPU: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 580 ARMOR MK2 8G OC Graphics Card (Passmark Score: 8,749)
I'm not sure there really is a CPU that we can recommend for SW mode. Some games will probably struggle with it on any CPU. Again, just not designed for the task.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ