Software vs Hardware renderer glitching
Why is it that using hardware mode in GSDX tends to create more glitches and graphical bugs than software mode? If my graphics card is more dedicated to graphics than my cpu, why do i get more graphical bugs using my video card(harware mode)? I don't really have a problem with this. I just always wondered and figured it would be good to ask if anyone knows why.
Q8300 @ 3.0GHz | Radeon HD 5770 | Windows 7 64-bit

Sponsored links

Software mode emulates the GS way more accurately, with the tremendous speed hits compared to hardware mode you see. It's always a race between compatibility and speed, improving both is very rare and improving the one reduces the other one almost always.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I know this might be a stupid question as u guys would have already implemented it if it were possible, but isn't there any way to use both of them at the same time? The reason i ask is because when using hardware mode, it usually creates glitches in the in-game menus but works fine and with high fps when actually playing the game. With software mode, everything is rendered correctly, I usually get full fps with it in the in-game menus but when actually playing the game the fps drops significantly. So my question really is: Can software mode be used just for menus and hardware mode for in game actionHuh?
And one last question, is there a cpu out there that is capable of giving full fps in software mode when actually playing the game?
Quote:And one last question, is there a cpu out there that is capable of giving full fps in software mode when actually playing the game?

That highly depends on the game and the cpu, but there are game that can run on full speed in software mode. Tri-core and up greatly helps in this case.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(11-15-2010, 03:51 AM)GamerGeek Wrote: That highly depends on the game and the cpu, but there are game that can run on full speed in software mode. Tri-core and up greatly helps in this case.

Will i be able to adjust internal res in software mode or is this just another disadvantage of software mode?
Youre stuck at native res for software mode yes. Im not sure why. My guess is that it would be possible but it is disable since no cpu is strong enough to run games at high res anyway, for now atleast.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(11-15-2010, 03:45 AM)XS Butter Wrote: I know this might be a stupid question as u guys would have already implemented it if it were possible, but isn't there any way to use both of them at the same time?

There is no way to use both at the same time that i am aware off, plus distinguishing what works with hw mode and what works in sw mode is near on impossible, so you could still end up with a horrid picture.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

hmmm
In HardWare Mode , My Game's Graphics is Very Pretty but gives about 30-40 FPS

In SoftWare Mode, My Games Graphics is in 256x256 Res But You Can Still See it Clearly , And it gives About 50-60 . Just Enough for Finishing the game Smile

But if I'm in the Menu I Switch between SW to HW mode Coz i Cant See the Text in SW mode.
i can get full speed on software mode on almopst all games that i play (ffx, dq8, shadow of the collosus Ohmy, kingdom hearts, general jrpg games Tongue) i have an intel [email protected] ghz but i never use sw mode because i wanna play at 2048/2048 so my big screen can make game look pwetty Tongue

never found out how to increase picture quality in sw mode i tried aa for sw mode but nothing changes except fps >.<
You can't increase the internal resolution in SW mode and you never will be able to. Maybe in the future some filtering and/or AA like the experimental we have (which is very crappy atm) but that's it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]